Svein Aaser, 2013.
7 October 1946 |
Board member of
|FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2011
National Gallery of Norway
Svein Aaser (born October 7, 1946) is a former CEO of DnB NOR, the largest financial group in Norway. He resigned on 31 December 2006. He is chair of FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2011, the National Gallery of Norway and Telenor
Aaser was born in Fredrikstad, Norway and was educated at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) where he received his MBA in 1970. By 1976, he had graduated from the Lausanne IMEDE's Program for Executive Development. After obtaining his MBA (1970) he worked his way up in businesses starting as assistant to deputy managing director for Tank Nielsen, M. Peterson & Søn, Moss. From there he became marketing manager of Sarpsborg Papp, Div. Kartong, managing director for NORA matprodukter and of Storebrand Skade.
During a period of ten years starting in 1987 he was president and CEO of Hafslund Nycomed who changed its name after the acquisition of Nycomed. The year after saw him deputy CEO and chief executive officer of a subsidiary company called Imaging Nycomed Amersham. In 1998 he was appointed CEO of Den norske Bank, later the merged DnB NOR.
In 2008 he was appointed chairman of the board of the National Gallery of Norway. He has also been the chairman of Marine Harvest, but stepped down in January 2010. He also chairs Statkraft. In 2012 he was appointed chairman of the board of Telenor.
- "Rune Bjerke takes over". DnB NOR. Retrieved 29 April 2007.
- "Svein Aaser". EUROCHAMBRES. Retrieved 2006-08-10.[dead link]
- "Om konsernet/Ledelsen". DnB NOR. Retrieved 2006-08-10.
- "About the Group/Management". DnB NOR. Retrieved 2006-08-10.
- "Svein Aaser ny styreleder for Nasjonalmuseet" (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 23 October 2008.
- "Svein Aaser trekker seg". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). 16 January 2010. p. 10.
- "Svein Aaser elected new Chairman of the Board of Telenor ASA". Retrieved 2012-05-20.
|Chief executive of Hafslund
Hans Tormod Hansen
|Chief executive officer of DnB NOR
|This Norwegian business biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|