Sven A. Eklund
|Sven A. Eklund|
|Born||Sven Axel Eklund
3 December 1916
|Died||1997 (80 years)|
|Curling club||Åredalens CK|
|Alternate||Sven A. Eklund|
Sven Axel Eklund (1916–1997) was the Alternate on the Åredalens CK curling team (from Åre, Sweden) during the World Curling Championships known as the 1963 Scotch Cup. He later became the captain of the Swedish national curling team and also president of the International Curling Association. In 1966 he was awarded with the Swedish award Svenska Curlingförbundets Guldmedalj by the national curling association. In 1982 he was awarded with the Elmer Freytag Award.
In 1968 Eklund produced the Swedish curling manual Curling.
- "Landslagsspelare genom tiderna – Herrar". Idrottonline.se. Retrieved 16 February 2014. (Swedish)
- "Eklund, Sven A". Worldcurling.org.
- Lester, Peter (1980): "All Is Vanity". People.com. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "GULDMEDALJÖRER". Idrott.se. Retrieved 16 February 2014. (Swedish)
- "World Curling Hall of Fame". Worldcurling.org. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Curling". Libris.kb.se. Retrieved 16 February 2014. (Swedish)
|This biographical article relating to curling in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|