Swedish Guide and Scout Council
|Patron||Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden|
|Secretary General||Maria Graner|
|Affiliation||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, World Organization of the Scout Movement|
Svenska Scoutrådet (The Swedish Guide and Scout Council, SSR) was until 2012 the national Scouting and Guiding federation of Sweden. The council was dissolved in September 2013, after a restructuring process creating the new single national scout association, Scouterna (The Guides and Scouts of Sweden).
Scouting in Sweden was founded in 1908, Guiding followed in 1910. The Swedish Boy Scouts were among the charter members of the World Organization of the Scout Movement in 1922, the Girl Guides were among the founders of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1928.
The Swedish Scout motto is Var redo! - Alltid redo! (Be Prepared! - Always Prepared!).
The members of the Swedish Scouting federation were:
- Svenska Scoutförbundet (SSF, The Swedish Guide and Scout Association: interreligious: 40,200 members)
- Svenska Missionskyrkans Ungdom Scout (SMU, The Guide and Scout Organization of the Mission Covenant Youth of Sweden: 10,600 members)
- KFUK-KFUMs Scoutförbund (The Swedish YMCA-YWCA Guide and Scout Association: 9,300 members)
- Nykterhetsrörelsens Scoutförbund (NSF, The Temperance Guide and Scout Association: 6,400 members)
- Frälsningsarméns Scoutförbund (FA, The Salvation Army Guide and Scout Association: 600 members)