Sveriges Radio P3
|First air date||1964|
|Format||Contemporary hit radio|
|Audience share||10.1% (January 2009, SIFO)|
|Sister stations||SR P3 Star|
P3 (Sveriges Radio P3 or SR P3) is one of the four main radio channels operated by Sweden's national publicly funded radio broadcasting organization Sveriges Radio. Its output is oriented towards young people from junior high school age to 35. The P in P3 originally stood for Program (Programme) but today has no official meaning and is simply a name.
- DigiListan is a weekly two-hour programme presenting the songs most downloaded in Sweden during the previous week.
- Morgonpasset i P3 is a daily breakfast show consisting of a mix of music, interviews, and humour.
- Christer i P3 is a daily afternoon and Sunday morning breakfast show about human relations with a warm and humoristic twist. The show has been running since 2003 and is currently one of P3's longest running shows.
- Musikguiden i P3 is a daily radio show dedicated to all kinds of music.
- P3 Rock is a weekly two-hour radio show featuring new rock and hard rock.
- P3 Soul is a weekly radio show dedicated to soul and hip hop music. It has been hosted since 1978 by Mats Nileskär, who was the first ever presenter to play hip hop on Swedish radio.
- P3 Star is a weekly two-hour radio show aimed at a young audience and dedicated to new music.
- Vaken med P3 & P4 is the overnight and early breakfast show. It is a simulcast with Sveriges Radio P4.
- P3 Nyheter is a news show, broadcasting Mondays to Fridays between 6.30 AM and 6.00 PM. On evenings, nights and weekends, Ekot is in charge of the news coverage. P3 Nyheter is also an hour-long lunchtime talkshow.
As well as its music programming, P3 also provides a Traffic message channel service.