|Native name||צביקה פיק|
3 October 1949 |
|Alma mater||The Conservatory of Ramat Gan|
|Occupation||Pop singer and composer|
|Spouse(s)||Mirit Shem-Or (divorced); 3 children|
Henrik Zvi Pick was born in Wrocław, Poland. He studied music at the Conservatory of Ramat Gan and started to perform at age 15. Pick was married to Israeli songwriter Mirit Shem-Or. Shem-Or wrote the lyrics for many of Pick's hits, including Mary Lou, which was about herself. They are now divorced but the couple still collaborates artistically. They have three children. Two of Pick's daughters have performed duos as the Pick Sisters.
In 1998 Pick wrote the song Diva performed by Dana International, which won the Eurovision Song Contest. He also wrote songs for several other Eurovision contestants. In 2002 he composed the Light a Candle for Sarit Hadad, who represented Israel in Eurovision 2002. That year, Habima Theater staged a musical called Mary Lou based on Pick's old hits. 
In 2003 he composed the song Hasta la vista for Oleksandr Ponomaryov, Ukrainian entrant in Eurovision 2003. He also wrote a song for the Belarusian contestant of Eurovision 2005 Angelica Agurbash, but she later decided on a different one, acknowledging Pick for his effort. He competed seven times in the Israeli preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest. In 2010, he composed an entry for Harel Skaat for Israel, and for Sopho Nizharadze for Georgia. He was one of the judges of the TV talent show, Kokhav Nolad ("A Star is Born").
In 2005, he was voted the 83rd-greatest Israeli of all time.
Eurovision Song Contest entries
- "Diva" by Dana International, Israel, (Eurovision Song Contest 1998), 1st place
- "Light a Candle" by Sarit Hadad, Israel, (Eurovision Song Contest 2002), 12th place
- "Hasta la Vista" by Oleksandr Ponomaryov, Ukraine, (Eurovision Song Contest 2003), 14th place
Entries in national Eurovision pre-selections
- "Lifney She Nifradim" by Svika Pick (Israel 2006), 4th place
- "Sing My Song" by Sopho Nizharadze, (Georgia 2010)
- Svika Pick maintains an official webpage on several popular social networking websites
|Eurovision Song Contest winning composers