Chidananda Saraswati (called Pujya Swamiji or Pujya Muniji by disciples), is the President and spiritual head of the Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, India, one of India's largest spiritual institutions. He is also the founder and spiritual head of the Hindu Jain Temple in Pittsburgh.
His biography is called "By God's Grace: The Life and Teachings of Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati" and was published by Mandala Publishing in 2012.
Humanitarian and Environmental Work
Chidanand Saraswati is the founder or co-founder of several humanitarian and environmental organizations which serve a number of causes, including: Ganga Action Parivar, to preserve and protect the Ganga River and its tributaries; India Heritage Research Foundation (IHRF), which provides education, health care, youth welfare, and vocational training; Divine Shakti Foundation, which provides education and assistance to widowed and impoverished women and children, as well as the protection of street animals in India such as cows and dogs; the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA) to provide access to safe drinking water, improved sanitation and proper hygiene; and Project Hope, an umbrella organization that brings together various humanitarian and environmental organizations in times of disaster to provide both emergency relief and long-term rehabilitation. He is also interested in interfaith dialogue and currently sits on the Board of World Religious Leaders for the Elijah Interfaith Institute.
- Swami Chidanand Saraswati Life Positive
- Swami Chidanand Saraswati Omega Institute
- History of the Project, Encyclopedia of Hinduism Mandala Publishing
- Ganga Action Parivar
- Rishikesh-based Ganga Action Parivar offers help to Narendra Modi for clean Ganga DNA India, 25th May 2014
- India Heritage Research Foundation
- About India Heritage Research Foundation Satya Foundation
- Swami Chidananda Saraswati Leads Pilgrimage to Mansarovar Times of Hindu, 4th July 2003
- Divine Shakti Foundation
- "Seers' call to save girl child" Hindustan Times, Lucknow, 25th January 2013
- Global Interfaith WASH Alliance
- Faith-based organizations form alliance for children's right to safe water and sanitation UNICEF
- <Global Interfaith WASH Alliance Temple of Understanding
- Project Hope
- Healing Touch in Uttarakhand Speaking Tree, 12th July, 2013
- Relief Material sent for Uttarakhand flood victims by Parmarth Niketan Top Story, 2nd July, 2013
- Project Hope and India Heritage Research Foundation Open Orphanage for Tsunami Orphans Hinduism Today, 19th May 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parmarth Niketan.|