Swatantra Bharat Paksh
|Swatantra Bharat Paksh
स्वतंत्र भारत पक्ष
|Leader||Sharad Anantrao Joshi, Wamanrao Chatap|
|Preceded by||Sharad Anantrao Joshi|
|Headquarters||A-4, Purnam Center Point, Opp. Gaikwad Class, Kahneri Wadi CBS, District Nashik|
|Politics of India
The Swatantra Bharat Paksh (Marathi: स्वतंत्र भारत पक्ष,translation: Independent India Party; abbr. SBP);is a liberal political party in Maharashtra, India, formed in 1994 by Sharad Anantrao Joshi (former Shetkari Sanghatana leader). It considers itself an inheritor of the legacy of the Swatantra Party of C. Rajagopalachari. It won one seat in the 2004 Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election, Wamanrao Chatap from the Rajura constituency. In total the party had launched 7 candidates. It also holds one Rajya Sabha seat, represented by Sharad Anantrao Joshi.
- STATE ELECTION COMMISSION, MAHARASHTRA. 18 January, 2012 (PDF) . Retrieved on 2012-10-26.
- Sharad Joshi joins hands with NDA, Yukta Mookhey in BJP. The Hindu (2004-03-06). Retrieved on 2012-10-26.
- ::Welcome to CCS::. Ccsindia.org. Retrieved on 2012-10-26.
- State Elections 2004 – Constituency wise detail for 154-Rajura Constituency of Maharashtra
- Kalpana Sharma (2004-10-17). Congress-NCP retains Maharashtra. The Hindu. Retrieved on 2012-10-26.
- State Elections 2004 Partywise Contestants in MAHARASHTRA
- Member's Web Site. 188.8.131.52:8080. Retrieved on 2012-10-26.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|