Sweeney Todd (1928 film)
|Directed by||Walter West|
|Produced by||Harry Rowson|
|Written by||George Dibdin-Pitt (play)|
|Distributed by||Ideal Films|
Sweeney Todd is a 1928 British silent crime film directed by Walter West and starring Moore Marriott, Judd Green and Iris Darbyshire. It was adapted from a play by George Dibdin-Pitt based on the legend of Sweeney Todd. It was made at Islington Studios.
- Moore Marriott - Sweeney Todd
- Iris Darbyshire - Amelia Lovett
- Judd Green - Simon Podge
- Charles Ashton - Mark Ingestre
- Zoe Palmer - Johanna
- Philip Hewland - Ben Wagstaffe
- Harry Lorraine - Mick Todd
- Brian Glenny - Tobias Wragg
- Low p.460
- "Sweeney Todd (1928)". bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- Low, Rachel. The History of British Film: Volume IV, 1918–1929. Routledge, 1997.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
|This article related to a British film of the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|