Sweet Springs is an unincorporated community in Monroe County in the U.S. state of West Virginia. Sweet Springs lies at the intersection of West Virginia Route 3 and West Virginia Route 311. The community is known for its Old Sweet Springs resort and spa, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was the planned site of the town of Fontville but the town never got beyond the planning stage.
- ^ Morton, Oren F. (1980) History of Monroe County West Virginia; Regional Publishing Company pg.202
- National Register of Historic Places Listing
- Sweet Springs at Abandoned
- Old Sweet Springs VT Underground
- "Taking the Waters: 19th Century Mineral Springs: Sweet Springs." Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. WV-55, "Sweet Springs, General View, State Route 311, Sweet Springs, Monroe County, WV"
- HABS No. WV-56, "Sweet Springs Bath House"
- HABS No. WV-57, "Sweet Springs Cottages"
- HABS No. WV-58, "Sweet Springs Hotel"