St Peter's Church
Swettenham shown within Cheshire
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||Cheshire East|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Swettenham is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. According to the 2001 Official UK Census, the population of the entire civil parish was 248.
Within the parish are the Swettenham Meadows Nature Reserve and The Quinta wildlife area, both managed by Cheshire Wildlife Trust. The Lovell Quinta Arboretum was founded by astronomer Sir Bernard Lovell, who lived in Swettenham from 1948 until his death in 2012; it has been managed by Tatton Garden Society since 2003.
- Official 2001 Census Figures. Retrieval Date: 13 August 2007.
- Swettenham Meadows Information. Cheshire Wildlife Trust Website. Retrieval Date: 15 August 2007.
- Tatton Garden Society: The Lovell Quinta Arboretum: Description (accessed 16 January 2013)
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust: The Quinta (accessed 16 January 2013)
- Tatton Garden Society: The Quinta (accessed 16 January 2013)
Media related to Swettenham at Wikimedia Commons
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|