|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2009)|
|Origin||North Carolina, USA|
|Years active||1998 – 2005|
|Associated acts||The Robot Revolt
The Lemming Award
Swift is a band hailing from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, formed by Gary Forsyth, Billy Deal, Mikey Gentle, and Jamie King in 1998. Taylor Mabe later joined the band in 2003. As of October 2005, Swift decided to take a hiatus while members focus on other areas of their individual lives. On November 9, 2009 they announced a 10 year reunion show:December 19, 2009 at The Millennium Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. On December 7, 2009 they put uploaded a new song titled "Forest Of Death" on the Official Swift website
- Gary Forsyth - Vocals (1998 - 2005)
- Billy Deal - Bass (1998 - 2005)
- Mikey Gentle - Guitar (1998 - 2003, 2004 - 2005)
- Jamie King - Drums (1998 - 2005)
- Taylor Mabe - Guitar/Vocals (2003 - 2005)
- Jamie King has continued producing bands, most recently including Between The Buried And Me, Killwhitneydead, and Woe Of Tyrants.
- Taylor Mabe was in the band 'Waiting for Wednesday' but has since then left the band and is now doing a project called Two To Tango.
- Gary Forsyth, Billy Deal, and Michael Gentle moved to Brooklyn, NY in 2005 and played music under the band name The Robot Revolt. They recorded a 5 song EP with Jamie King, which is yet to be released.
- Gary Forsyth and Billy Deal are also noted as session musicians and members of the Brooklyn based improv music comedy group "Leek".
- Gary Forsyth is currently working on two studio projects.The Lemming Award is an open ended solo effort with material covering many different genres and is set to release an album in Mid 2009. The other, a concept metal record under the name "The Kings of the Outworld", is currently in pre-production.
- 1999: Thoughts are Thought (reissued in 2003)
- 2002: Waging War
- 2003: A Communication Manual
- 2005: The Absolute Uncontrollable
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|