At the 1900 Summer Olympics in Paris, seven swimming events were contested. Only men competed in the swimming competition. There was a total of 76 participants from 12 countries competing.
Medal table 
Medal summary 
Participating nations 
A total of 76 swimmers from 12 nations competed at the Paris Games:
- ^ This is the roster of the German team as given by the International Olympic Committee database. Mallon notes that Petersdorff did not actually compete. He also claims that contemporary sources support a 4-person roster including Hoppenberg, Hainle, Gustav Lexau, and Ernest Luhrsen; Frey and Schöne are not included in either Mallon or de Wael's list of competitors in the event.
- ^ Houben did not actually compete; however, he is listed in the IOC's medal database as part of the Neptune team.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- De Wael, Herman (2001-06-07). "Swimming 1900". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Mallon, Bill (December 1997). The 1900 Olympic Games: Results for All Competitors in All Events, With Commentary. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-0378-0.