Swing, Swang, Swingin'
|Swing, Swang, Swingin'|
|Studio album by Jackie McLean|
|Recorded||October 20, 1959
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Jackie McLean chronology|
The Allmusic review by Steve Huey awarded the album 4 stars and stated "Perhaps as a result of Blue Note's more prepared, professional approach to recording sessions, McLean sounds invigorated here, catapulting each melody forward before launching into a series of impassioned improvisations... Swing, Swang, Swingin' may not be as groundbreaking as McLean's more modernist work, but it's a solid session from an artist just beginning an incredible hot streak".
All compositions by Jackie McLean except as indicated
- "What's New?" (Burke, Haggart) - 5:19
- "Let's Face the Music and Dance" (Berlin) - 4:51
- "Stablemates" (Golson) - 5:47
- "I Remember You" (Mercer, Victor Schertzinger) - 5:16
- "I Love You" (Porter) - 5:10
- "I'll Take Romance" (Oscar Hammerstein II, Oakland) - 5:49
- "116th and Lenox" - 6:01