Swissôtel The Stamford
|Swissôtel The Stamford|
Facade of Swissôtel The Stamford
|Hotel chain||Fairmont Raffles Hotels International|
|Address||2 Stamford Road|
|Management||Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts|
|Height||226 metres (741 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||1,261|
|Number of restaurants||16|
Swissôtel The Stamford (Chinese: 史丹福瑞士酒店), is a luxury hotel in Singapore managed by Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Designed by architect I.M. Pei, Swissôtel The Stamford, at a height of 226 metres (741 ft) is one of Southeast Asia’s tallest hotels. Located in the heart of Singapore, this hotel is part of the Raffles City complex comprising two hotels, the Raffles City convention centre, Raffles City shopping centre, and an office tower. Situated at 2 Stamford Road, the hotel sits above City Hall subway station.
The 5-star hotel has 1,261 rooms and suites, 16 restaurants and bars, Raffles City Convention Centre, and one of Asia's largest Spas.
The hotel was designed by architect I.M. Pei as The Westin Stamford Singapore, along with its adjacent smaller sister hotel, The Westin Plaza. When completed by the South Korean firm SsangYong Group in 1986, The Westin Stamford was the world's tallest hotel building, rising to a height of 226 metres (741 ft). It is alleged that the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea was intended as a Cold War response to the construction of this hotel. On January 1, 2002 the two Westins were sold to Swissôtel/Raffles Hotels and both hotels were renamed, The Westin Stamford becoming Swissôtel The Stamford and The Westin Plaza becoming Raffles The Plaza. When Raffles Hotels was acquired by Fairmont in 2006, the smaller hotel was again renamed, becoming Fairmont Singapore.
Swissôtel The Stamford has 15 food and beverage outlets including Equinox Complex.
- Equinox Complex
- JAAN, Level 70 - serving a distinctive menu of artisanal French cuisine. JAAN was Ranked No. 4 Best Restaurant in Asia by The Miele Guide 2009/2010 & Ranked No. 39 on the S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants List 2010
- Equinox Restaurant, Level 70 - Modern European Cuisine
- New Asia, Level 71 - Highest club in Singapore with cocktails and snacks.
- City Space, Level 70 - Plush lounge with innovative cocktails created by Richard Gillam, cocktail architect
- Introbar, Level 1 - Cosmospolitan lounge with cocktails and drinks
- Equinox Private Dining - 5 private dining rooms for exclusive events
- Swissôtel The Stamford
- Kopi Tiam, Level 2 - Asian fare.
- Café Swiss, Level 2 - Swiss and European specialities.
- Lobby Court, Level 1 - Chic lounge with drinks, cocktails and snacks.
Raffles City Convention Centre
The 70,000 square feet (6,500 m2) Raffles City Convention Centre, located on Level four, comprises 27 meeting rooms, three ballrooms, an executive conference centre and business centre.
Swissôtel The Stamford has an array of recreational facilities:
- One of Asia's largest spas 
- Two outdoor swimming pools.
- Six tennis courts.
- A fitness club.
- Time Out Singapore 2010 Best of Awards: New Asia.
- Customer Satisfaction Index of Singapore(CSISG) - Tourism, Hotels & Accommodation Services (ranked 2nd): Swissôtel The Stamford.
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2009–2011: A total of 23 awards.
- TTG Travel Awards 2009 - Asia Pacific’s Best Business Hotel: Swissôtel The Stamford.
- 4th amongst Asia's Top Restaurants and 2nd in Singapore's Top 5 Restaurants Miele Guide 2009/2010: Jaan par André.
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2009 - Rising Chef of the Year: André Chiang of Jaan par André.
- Singapore Tatler Best Restaurant Guide 2009 - Hall of Fame: Jaan par André.
- O'Reilly, Avril (2008-12-09). "Hotel Watch: Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore". Telegraph. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Deals & kortingen voor hotelreserveringen van luxe hotels tot budgetovernachtingen" (in (Dutch)). Hotels.com. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore : 2 Stamford Road, Singapore". Glass Steel and Stone. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- Ngor, Oh Kwee (1990-06-09). "Western decadence hits N. Korea". The Japan Economic Journal: 12.
- Chopard, Alisa (2009-09-08). "Singapore bars with the best views". CNNGo.com. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Awards 2010: best clubs and bars :: Features :: Nightclubs & Bars". Time Out Singapore. 2010-03-11. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Swissotel The Stamford Emerges Victorious at Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2009-11". Prlog.org. 2009-10-28. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Swissôtel The Stamford Wins Asia Pacific’s Best Business Hotel Award At TTG Travel Awards 2009". Prlog.org. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Miele Guide 2009/2010 Reveals Jaan par André Is No. 4 In Asia's Top Restaurants Category". Mylifestylemap.com. 2009-10-12. Retrieved 2010-04-02.[dead link]
- "GRAVITATE AROUND CHEF ANDRE CHIANG'S EPICUREAN UNIVERSE AT CHEFS WITH ALTITUDE 2009 (14 TO 19 SEP 2009)". 170Radio.com - Singapore's 1st Online Radio. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swissôtel The Stamford.|
- Swissôtel Hotels and Resorts official website
- Swissôtel The Stamford official website
- Equinox Complex official website