Swiss Post (French: La Poste suisse, Italian: La Posta Svizzera, German: Die Schweizerische Post, Romansh: La Posta Svizra) is the postal service of Switzerland. A public company owned by the Swiss Confederation, it is the country's second largest employer. The group is based in Bern.
Postal wagons at the postal sorting facility in Sion, Switzerland. Mail between regional cities is transported by rail, to be delivered postal bus, vans and cycles at a local level.
- PostFinance, independent unit of Swiss Post in financial services
- PostBus Switzerland, a bus transport service operated by Swiss Post
- SuisseID, an electronic identity system developed by Swiss Post
- Asendia, a joint venture in international deliveries launched by Swiss Post and La Poste
Notes and references
- ^ "A public-sector company". Swiss Post. Retrieved 2006-06-16.
- ^ "Annual Report 2009." Swiss Post. 224/244. Retrieved on 7 December 2010. "Swiss Post Viktoriastrasse 21 P.O. Box 3030 Berne Switzerland."
- ^ "Contact." Swiss Post. Retrieved on 7 December 2010. "Viktoriastrasse 21 3030 Bern."