|Elevation||1,621 ft (494 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1493681|
Swoope is an unincorporated community in Augusta County, Virginia, United States. Swoope is located on State Routes 703 and 860 7.4 miles (11.9 km) west of Staunton. Swoope has a post office with ZIP code 24479, which opened on March 6, 1838. Buffalo Gap High School is located in Swoope. Polyface Farm, a sustainable farm run by Joel Salatin, is also near Swoope.
- "Swoope". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- "Buffalo Gap High School". Augusta County Public Schools. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
|This Augusta County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|