|Type||privately held company (LLC)|
|Headquarters||Hoffman Estates, Illinois
(additional offices in Chicago, London, and Stuttgart, Germany)
|Key people||Richard Padula, CEO
Jeffrey Kleban, EVP, Alliances & Partnerships
|Products||Agentry Mobile Platform
Syclo SMART Mobile Suite
Syclo, LLC is a mobile enterprise application platform (MEAP) and software provider based in the Chicago suburb of Hoffman Estates, Illinois, offering mobile applications to extend enterprise systems, including packaged software for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), to handhelds, smartphones, and mobile computers for technicians and staff performing work away from a central office.
The company’s focus in the mobile middleware market is on business environments across industries, including utilities, oil and gas, and life sciences, that utilize field service management processes and typically have significantly valued hard assets to service and protect.
Syclo offers the Agentry mobile platform, an extensible framework based on fourth-generation programming language for developing, deploying, and managing a wireless business application architecture. Agentry also includes mobile device management capabilities embedded into its application platform. Syclo's SMART Mobile Suite of workflow-specific products, a software suite built on the Agentry platform, has been implemented by more than 750 customers in 35 countries and 20 different industries.
On 10 April 2012, SAP announced its plan to acquire 100% of Syclo equity in deal whose Financial terms were not been disclosed. The transaction is expected to be finalized in the second quarter of 2012.
After his consulting company, Competitive Advantage Systems, developed a computer-based wireless order system for Sprint Nextel field workers, Richard Padula started Syclo in 1995 in Barrington, Illinois. Syclo’s flagship Agentry mobile development platform was introduced a year later, and in 1998 Rush University Medical Center, Chicago’s largest healthcare facility, was the first organization to deploy Syclo's SMART Mobile Suite.
Syclo's partnership ecosystem is particularly important to its global reach and serving the application architecture of enterprise systems makers such as IBM (IBM Maximo Asset Management), SAP AG, TRIRIGA, and Oracle.
Of note is the company’s mobile co-innovation development agreement with business software firm SAP in 2009, enabling SAP and Syclo to co-brand and offer SMART Mobile Suite applications for use with SAP ERP and SAP CRM, making Syclo an integral part of SAP’s mobile business application strategy.
- Clark, William and Michael J. King (2009-12-16). "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms." Gartner.
- Drake, Stephen (2010-02). "Syclo Private Vendor Watchlist Profile: Mobile Middleware with Industry-Specific Focus." IDC.
- Brooks, Jason (2001-10-08). "App Independence." eweek.
- "SAP, Syclo Partner for Mobile." (2009-05-06.) Plant Services.
- Rose, Barbara (2002-04-18). "PC Prescription for Hospital's Maintenance Ills." Chicago Tribune.
- SAP Eco Hub- SMART Mobile Suite
- Clark, William and Michael Maoz (2009-04-06). "SAP-Syclo Co-innovation Enhances Mobile Field Service Offerings." Gartner.
- Official website
- Syclo LLC Private Company Information - BusinessWeek
- Swamy, Mini (2010-09-08). "Syclo's Smart Mobile Suite Overcomes Device Diversity." TMC.net.
- Volkel, Frank (2010-05-20). "SAP on iPad: It’s All Going Mobile." SAP.info.
- Benedict, Kevin (2010-05-07). "Mobile Expert Interview Series: Syclo's Jeff Kleban." MobileEntepriseStrategies.blogspot.com.
- Syclo Press Release (2012-04-10)