Sydney/J.A. Douglas McCurdy Airport
|Sydney/J.A. Douglas McCurdy Airport|
|IATA: YQY – ICAO: CYQY
– WMO: 71707
|Operator||Sydney Airport Authority|
|Serves||Cape Breton Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia|
|Location||Reserve Mines, Nova Scotia|
|Time zone||AST (UTC−04:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||ADT (UTC−03:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||203 ft / 62 m|
|Sources: Canada Flight Supplement
Movements from Statistics Canada.
Sydney/J.A. Douglas McCurdy Airport, (IATA: YQY, ICAO: CYQY), is located within the Cape Breton Regional Municipality, 5 nautical miles (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) east northeast of Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, in the community of Reserve Mines.
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. CBSA officers at this airport currently can handle aircraft with no more than 44 passengers, however they can handle up to 200 if the aircraft is unloaded in stages.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Canada Express operated by Jazz||Halifax, Toronto-Pearson|
|Air Saint-Pierre||Seasonal: Saint-Pierre|
|Canadian North||Charter: Fort McMurray|
|Flair Airlines||Charter: Fort McMurray|
|Maritime Air Charter||on-demand charter|
On 27 July 2009 Sydney Airport was renamed after John Alexander Douglas McCurdy, who was a Canadian aviation pioneer who first flew the Silver Dart, holder of Canada's first pilot's license and a Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia from 1947 to 1952.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 17 October 2013 to 0901Z 12 December 2013
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- Air Canada Jazz route map
- Air Saint-Pierre international flights
- Sydney Airport Authority charter airlines
- Sydney Airport renaming goes ahead although 50 of 70 planes were grounded in Moncton
- Flying Dutchmen land in wrong Sydney, Erin Pottie, Cape Breton Post, August 10, 2010.
- Holiday couple sent to the wrong Sydney, Bild, July 28, 2010.
- Sydney Airport Authority, Official Website
- Page about this airport on COPA's Places to Fly airport directory
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Sydney Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in Nova Scotia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|