Sydney Youth Orchestra
|Sydney Youth Orchestra|
The Sydney Youth Orchestra (or SYO), is the flagship orchestra of the Sydney Youth Orchestras family. The SYO provides orchestral training to young musicians in the age range 6-25 years.
Sydney Youth Orchestras consists of eleven different ensembles of varying standards. Many of the members of the SYO (the most senior orchestra) have progressed through the various lower level ensembles within the association, although it is not a requirement for entry.
Junior Ensembles (strings only)
- Speer Orchestra (40 stringed instruments)
- Camerata (40 stringed instruments, commenced 2008)
- Chamber Orchestra (40 stringed instruments)
- Sinfonietta (40 stringed instruments)
Senior Ensembles (wind and brass)
- Peter Seymour Orchestra (30 stringed instruments and 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons, 2 French horns)
- Sydney Youth Philharmonic Orchestra (symphony orchestra with 75 total instruments)
- An ensemble specifically for a wide range of wind and brass instruments - the Symphonic Wind Orchestra (40 instruments including flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba and percussion)
- A Percussion ensemble training with Synergy Percussion
- TangoOz. Led by Tango specialist Maggie Ferguson, TangoOz was established in 2009 as a Tango Orchestra to give young musicians the unique opportunity to learn and play authentic Argentine tango music.
|This article on an Australian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|