Ayatullah Syed Aqeel-ul-Gharavi (born 2 February 1963) is a leading Shia scholar and community activist of India. He was the principal of Hauz-e-Ilmiya Jamiat-us-Saqalain, Delhi. and co-supervisor of Safinatul Hidaya Trust, India. He is the current vice-President of All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat, a conglomeration of various Indian Muslim organizations. and member of All India Muslim Personal Law Board.. He is also a member of the Majma Jahani Ahlulbayt, Iran.
Lectures & Seminars
- Unified Syllabus, Varanasi, India - Dec 1983 - Presided by the VC Dr. Iqbal Narain. International Seminar on the same theme in Delhi - 1988.
- A three day International seminar on Imam Khomeini.
- Seminar on Educational Theory of Abul Kalaam Azad - April 1988.
- International seminar on Nahjul Balagha. Ayatullah Hashemi Rafsanjani graced this seminar by his eminent presence - 1989.
- International Seminar on Mulla Sadra at Jamia Millia Islamia in collaboration with the Ministry of Irshaad (Moral Guidance) - Delhi - 1992
- Symposium on Imam Ali (as) presided by Dr. S.D Sharma, former president of India.
- Since 1999, Syed Aqeel-ul-Gharavi is addressing majalis in Pakistan.
In Lahore, he addressed five majalis in 2003 at 6-B, Model Town, Lahore. Since then, he has been coming to Lahore and addressing at various venues from 2003-2010 specially at 6-B, Model Town and "Imam Bargah Gulistan-e-Zahra (sa)" at Abbot Road, Lahore on different topics like theology, philosophy, science & Islam etc.
In 2007, Allama Syed Aqeel-ul-Gharavi extended his visit to Multan. He addressed two majalis at "Imambargah Haideria", Gulghast Colony and one at Mumtazabad.
In month of Muharram, 2007, Ayatullah Syed Aqeel-ul-Gharavi visited the boys and girls campuses of Fatimiyah College.
On 14 February 2008 Ayatullah Syed Aqeel Algharavi addressed a group of eminent educationists of the Pakistan and senior faculty members of Fatimiyah Education Network. During the discussion Ayatullah Gharavi emphasised on the need of developing a proper and indigenous system of education for the future generation of Pakistan.
- Naya Taleemi Tajreba (1985) published by Novelty Printers, Mumbai, India.
- Angbeen (1987) published by Maktaba-e-Kainat, New Delhi, India (Granted award by the Delhi Urdu Academy.
- Tajalliyat (2005)
- Ilm-o-Irada (March 2005) - Published by Mahfooz Book Agency, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Chiragh-e-Rah (September 2004) - Published by Maktaba-e-Kainat, New Delhi, India.
- Qaza-o-Qadr (January 2008) - Published by Mahfooz Book Agency, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Husn-e-Ikhtiyaar - Published by Mahfooz Book Agency, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Maqaam-e-Khatme Nubuwat aur Insaan - Published by Mahfooz Book Agency, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Wilayat-e-Haq aur Imamat-e-Hussain (as) - Published by Mahfooz Book Agency, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Thematic study of the Holy Quran. (2002)
- Eid-e-Hashr or Jashn-e-Mahshar - Based on 10 lectures at Mehfil-e-Shahe Shaheedan, Karachi (2000)
- Salaam-e-Shauq - Literary and spiritual exegesis of Ziarat-e-Waritha - (1994)
- Interview – Zafarul Islam Khan – AIMMM President
- shi'ite community of india favour Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, as marja (2.12.1994)
- Safinatul Hidaya Trust Delhi, India: Panel of ulemas, academics and professionals
- Ayatollah Syed Aqeel-ul-Gharavi
- Fatmiyah education Network's magazine: Focus Fatimiyah, Issue No. 3, March 2007
- Fatmiyah education Network's magazine: Focus Fatimiyah, Issue No. 9, March 2008