Syed Hamidul Hasan
Ayatullah Syed Hamidul Hasan  is a Shia alim of Lucknow, India. He has been giving religious lectures in India and abroad, especially during the Muslim month of Muharram, for the last 45 years. He is also the current principal of Jamia Nazmia.
He holds numerous other posts including President, Majlis-e-Ulema, Board of Trustees, Shia PG College, Lucknow, and Member of All India Muslim Personal Law Board.
He completed his education from Jamia Nazmia up to Mumtaz-ul-Afazil and was taught by Mufti Syed Ahmad Ali (son of Allama Mufti Mohammad Abbas) along with other learned teachers. After finishing his studies at Madrasatul Waizeen and completing different oriental courses from Lucknow University, Shia Arabic College and Aligarh Muslim University, he went to Najaf-e-Ashraf, Iraq, for higher education. There his teachers included the likes of Ayatullah al-Uzma Syed Muhsin al-Hakim and Ayatullah al-Uzma Syed Abul Qasim al-Khoei.
Thereafter he travelled all over the globe for social services and spreading the knowledge and message of Ahl-ul-Bayt.
He is a renowned authority on Shia theology in India today. His lectures on the teachings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and his Ahl-ul-Bayt have been very popular both within the community and the media.
He played a prominent role in resolving the century old Shia-Sunni conflict in Lucknow in 1998. His efforts in maintaining peace in the city by reaching out to other communities have been acknowledged by the media and administration alike.
The government of Iran issued him a letter of appreciation in 2007 for his role in promoting Indo-Iran relations.
- Hamidul Hasan's article in urdu daily Awadhnama published on 23rd Feb 2013.
- Three Maulanas and Madrasas: Interviews by Yoginder Sikand on September 11, 2007 in Featured, India, Islam
- Shia conference condemns terrorism
- The Message of Islam
- Muslims are an integral part of India
- All mosques and temples give the message of peace
- Muslim Organisation Slams Vande Mataram Fatwa
- Son waits 18 years to bury mother in Iraq
- First Indian Nikah through video conferencing
- UP Govt organises Eid Milan
- Maulana Hasan speaks on the importance of voting in the daily Dainik Jagran
|This Indian religion-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Islam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|