Sylpheed 2.2.7 used together with Xfce Mailwatch plugin
|Initial release||0.1.0alpha (January 1, 2000)|
|Stable release||3.4.2 (June 10, 2014[±])|
|Preview release||3.5beta1 (June 17, 2014[±])|
|Written in||C, GTK+|
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, Mac OS, Unix, Windows|
|Available in||English; Japanese|
|Type||E-mail client, news client|
Sylpheed Claws is an open source e-mail client and news client licensed under the GPL. It provides easy configuration and an abundance of features. It stores mail in the MH Message Handling System. Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux or BSD, as well as on Mac OS X and Windows. It uses GTK+.
It is the default mail client in Lubuntu.
- Sylpheed's classic branch focuses on stability. It is maintained by Sylpheed's founder Hiroyuki Yamamoto.
- Claws Mail (formerly the Sylpheed-Claws project within Sylpheed) is a fork that offers extra and extended features, among them scoring, QuickSearch, icon themes, user-defined Actions, mailing list support, plugins for SpamAssassin, Bogofilter (this integration is discussed here), RSS, Calendaring, HTML rendering, PGP and GPG ("Although many clients say they support PGP and GPG, few work as well as Sylpheed."), among others.
- List of Usenet newsreaders
- Comparison of Usenet newsreaders
- Comparison of e-mail clients
- Altunergil, Oktay (2003-01-30). "Bayesian Filtering with bogofilter and Sylpheed Claws". Linux DevCenter. O'Reilly. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Allen, David (Nov 5, 2004). Windows to Linux Migration Toolkit: Your Windows to Linux Extreme Makeover. Rockland, MA: Syngress Pub. p. 335. ISBN 1931836396.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sylpheed.|
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|