Sylpheed 2.2.7 used together with Xfce Mailwatch plugin
|Initial release||0.1.0alpha (January 1, 2000)|
|Stable release||3.4.2 (June 10, 2014[±])|
|Preview release||3.5beta1 (June 17, 2014[±])|
|Written in||C, GTK+|
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, Mac OS, Unix, Windows|
|Available in||English; Japanese|
|Type||E-mail client, news client|
Sylpheed is an open source e-mail client and news client licensed under the GPL. It provides easy configuration and an abundance of features. It stores mail in the MH Message Handling System. Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux or BSD, as well as on Mac OS X and Windows. It uses GTK+.
It is the default mail client in Lubuntu.
- Sylpheed's classic branch focuses on stability. It is maintained by Sylpheed's founder Hiroyuki Yamamoto.
- Claws Mail (formerly the Sylpheed-Claws project within Sylpheed) is a fork of Sylpheed that offers extra and extended features.
- List of Usenet newsreaders
- Comparison of Usenet newsreaders
- Comparison of e-mail clients
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sylpheed.|
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|