From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up symbol or Symbol in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A symbol is something that represents an idea, a process, or a physical entity.
Symbol may also refer to:
- Symbol (data), the smallest amount of data transmitted at a time in digital communications
- Symbol (programming), a primitive data type in many programming languages used to name variables and functions
- Symbol (typeface), a font designed by Aldo Novarese (1982), one of the four standard PostScript fonts
- Debug symbol, debugging information used to troubleshoot computer programs, analyze memory dumps
- Symbol rate, the number of symbols transmitted per second
- Symbol (formal), a string, used in formal languages and formal systems
- Symbol grounding, the problem of how symbols acquire meaning
- Symbol (album), 2005 album by Japanese electronica musician Susumu Yokota
- Symbols (album), 1997 album from the industrial rock band KMFDM
- Symbols (band), a Brazilian heavy metal band
- Symbol (choir), the name of a choir in Romania
- Symbol Records, a record label, part of Sue Records
Film and television
- Symbol (film), a movie by Hitoshi Matsumoto
- Symbol (TV series), a TV series that aired on Disney Channel from 1984 to 1991
- Symbol (liturgical theology), in contrast to a sign, and relevant to liturgy
- Creed, a statement of shared beliefs of a religious community.
- Nicene Creed or Symbolum Nicaenum, the profession of faith or creed that is most widely used in Christian liturgy
- Symbol (chemical element), abbreviations that are used to denote a chemical element
- Symbol (mathematics), various meanings used in mathematics
- Symbol (number theory), various generalizations of the Legendre symbol.
- Symbol (semiotics), a sign that signifies through arbitrary social convention
- Symbol (metric system), a representation of a metric unit independent of language
- Symbol, Kentucky
- Casablanca Conference (1943) codenamed SYMBOL, the conference to plan the Allied European strategy for the next phase of World War II
- Symbol Technologies, an AIDC company based in Holtsville, New York, United States
- Simbolul, a Romanian literary magazine
- Symbolic (disambiguation)
- Symbolism (disambiguation)
- Cymbal, round metal plates used as percussion instruments
- Semeiotic, the study of signs and sign processes (variant spelling)
- Semiotics, the study of signs and sign processes
- List of mathematical symbols
- Punctuation, symbols that indicate the structure and organization of written language
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Symbol.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.