Symbols of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
This is a list of the symbols of the United Kingdom, its constituent countries (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), and the British Crown dependencies (the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Each separate entry has its own set of unique symbols.
- 1 Symbols of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- 2 Cultural Symbols of Britain
- 3 Food and Drink
- 4 National Dress
- 5 Symbols of the British Crown Dependencies
- 6 See also
- 7 References
Symbols of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
|Sovereign state||National Personification||National Animal(s)||Coat of Arms||Motto||Anthem|
Flag of the United Kingdom
|Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom
||Dieu et mon droit
"God and my right"
(as used in England, Northern Ireland & Wales)
(as used in Scotland)
|"God Save the Queen"
Note: "Queen" is replaced with "King" in the lyrics whenever the monarch is male.
Cultural Symbols of Britain
Food and Drink
- Bangers and mash A traditional British meal of sausages and mashed potatoes.
- Fish and Chips The quintessentially British meal. It is the national dish of the United Kingdom.
- Chicken Tikka A dish invented in Britain based upon Indian cuisine.
- Tea Tea is the national drink of Britain.
- The Flat Cap may be the closest thing to a specifically British national dress.
Individual countries of the United Kingdom
Symbols of the British Crown Dependencies
The Channel Islands
Bailiwick of Jersey
|Country||Patron Saint||Traditional Animal Nickname||Coat of Arms||Motto||Anthem|
Flag of Jersey
||Coat of Arms of Jersey
Bailiwick of Guernsey
|Country||Patron Saint||National Flower||Traditional Animal Nickname||Coat of Arms||Motto||Anthem|
Flag of Guernsey
||Coat of arms of Guernsey
Flag of Sark
||Coat of arms of Sark
Flag of Alderney
||Coat of arms of Alderney
Flag of Herm
|St Tugual||-||-||Coat of Arms of Herm
The Isle of Man
|Country||Patron Saint||National Flower(s)||Coat of Arms||Motto||Anthem|
|Isle of Man
Flag of the Isle of Man
|St. Maughold||Cushag (popularly)
|Coat of arms of the Isle of Man
||Quocunque Jeceris Stabit
"Wherever you throw it, it will stand"
|"O Land of Our Birth"|
- United Kingdom
- British Crown Dependencies
- List of British flags
- United Kingdom - Symbols
- Channel Islands - Culture
- National symbols of England
- National symbols of Scotland
- National symbols of Northern Ireland
- National symbols of Wales
- CBBC Newsround | Guides | UK | Patron saints | St George: England
- National Emblems of Britain
- New Page 1
- CBBC Newsround | Guides | UK | Patron saints | St Andrew: Scotland
- Civilization.ca - Treasures Gallery - Queen's Beasts: Unicorn of Scotland
- CBBC Newsround | Guides | UK | Patron saints | St David: Wales
- Civilization.ca - Treasures Gallery - Queen's Beasts: Red Dragon of Wales
- So you think you know the Northern Ireland flag?
- United Kingdom One Pound Coin Design
- Plantlife county flowers results