Symmes Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||42.43 sq mi (109.9 km2)|
|• Land||42.38 sq mi (109.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||636 ft (194 m)|
|• Density||27.3/sq mi (10.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61944, 62423, 62441|
|GNIS feature ID||0429821|
Symmes Township is one of fifteen townships in Edgar County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,158 and it contained 502 housing units. The township was called Marion Township until May 9, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.43 square miles (109.9 km2), of which 42.38 square miles (109.8 km2) (or 99.88%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.09%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Paris (south edge)
- Bell Ridge
The township contains these thirteen cemeteries: Cassady, Chronic, Elledge Holley, Laufman, Lycan, New Hope, O'Hair, Ogden, Quinn, Stephens, Swango, Walls and Zimmerly.
- Paris Community Unit School District 4
- Paris-Union School District 95
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Symmes Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Paris Township||Stratton Township|
|Grandview Township||Elbridge Township|
|Douglas Township, Clark County||Wabash Township, Clark County|