From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sympathetic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sympathetic may refer to:
- Sympathy, in psychology, a feeling of compassion or identification with another
- Sympathetic detonation, a detonation, usually unintended, of an explosive charge by a nearby explosion
- Sympathetic magic, in religion, magic, and anthropology, the belief that like affects like, that something can be influenced through its relationship with another thing
- Sympathetic nervous system, in neurology and neuroscience, a part of the autonomic nervous system
- Sympathetic resonance, a harmonic phenomenon wherein a body responds to external vibrations
- Sympathetic strings, in music theory, strings on a musical instrument that resonate without contact
- "Sympathetic", a song by Seether from Disclaimer II
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.