|Type||subsidiary of EMC Corporation|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac|
Syncplicity was founded by three former Microsoft employees.
Syncplicity came out of public beta in 2008.
In late 2010, Syncplicity delivered a supported Mac client for Intel-based Macs running version 10.6 or later of Mac OS X.
Syncplicity offers both free and paid accounts.
File Synchronization Service Providers & Competition
Several file synchronization and backup services launched around the same time as Syncplicity, including Live Mesh, DropBox, and SugarSync. Syncplicity allows synchronization with other online services like Google Docs, Zoho, and Facebook. A user can opt to sync documents from Windows or Mac with an associated Google Docs account; however, documents uploaded to free Google Docs accounts will be converted to Google Docs file formats while non-supported documents will be omitted. Similarly, photos can also be synced with Facebook albums. Many such online services like Scribd and Piknik are also supported by Syncplicity.
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Comparison of file synchronization software
- Comparison of online backup services
- Cloud storage
- Remote backup service
- "EMC Acquires Syncplicity" (Press release). EMC Corporation. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "CrunchBase Profile of Leonard Chung". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- Hrebicek, Ondrej. "The Beta period is over! | Syncplicity Blog". Blog.syncplicity.com. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- "New Business Edition Release With Mac Support, Newsfeeds and IT Console" (Press release). syncplicity.com. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Syncplicity Pricing and Comparison". syncplicity.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Sync Service Syncplicity Raises $2.35M". Venturebeat.com. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "3 Tools to Sync Your Files with Google Docs". Readwriteweb.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- Mishra, Manav (2010-01-22). "Desktop app to sync/backup Google Docs on your desktop". Technospot.net. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Syncplicity Review, by Scott Dunn July 31, 2008 (2008-07-31). "Syncplicity Syncplicity Utility Software Review". PCWorld. Retrieved 2010-05-31.