Synod of Neo-Caesarea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- i. degrading priests who marry after ordination
- vii. forbidding a priest to be present at the second marriage of any one
- viii. refusing ordination to the husband of an adulteress
- xi. fixing thirty years as the age below which one might not be ordained (because Christ began His public ministry at the age of thirty)
- xiii. according to city priests the precedence over country priests
- xiv. permitting Chorepiscopi to celebrate the sacraments
- xv. requiring that there be seven deacons in every city.
See Mansi ii. pp. 539–551; Hardouin i. pp. 282–286; Hefele (2nd ed.) i. pp. 242–251 (Eng. trans. i. pp. 222–230).