Syria Revolutionaries Front
|Syria Revolutionaries Front|
|جبهة ثوار سوريا
Participant in the Syrian civil war
Logo of the SRF
|Idlib Governorate, Syria
|Part of|| National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces
Syrian Revolutionary Command Council
|Allies|| Islamic Front
Al-Nusra Front (formerly)
Army of Mujahedeen
Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar
|Opponents|| Syrian Armed Forces
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
The Syria Revolutionaries Front (Arabic: جبهة ثوار سوريا, Jabhat Thowar Suriyya) is an alliance formed in December 2013 by 14 Free Syrian Army (FSA) brigades as a response to the Islamist Islamic Front merger. The name of the group has also been translated as the Syrian Rebel Front. Following various clashes, the Islamic Front and the Syrian Revolutionaries Front have agreed to reconcile. The coalition is spearheaded by Jamal Maarouf, head of the Syria Martyrs Brigade, a member of the SRF based in Jabal al-Zawiya, Idlib. The group has supported the Geneva II Middle East peace conference that is aimed at resolving the Syrian civil war. 100 members of the coalition were killed by the Al-Nusra Front on 16 July 2014.
- Idlib Military Council
- Syrian Martyrs' Brigade
- Ahrar al-Zawia Brigades
- Ansar Brigades
- Coming Victory Brigades
- Seventh Division
- Ninth Division of Aleppo
- Farouq al-Shamal Battalions
- Ghab Wolves Brigade
- Idlib Martyrs' Brigade
- Ahrar al-Shamal Brigade
- Riyad al-Salehin Battalions of Damascus
- Farouq Battalions of Hama
- Special Assignments Regiment of Damascus
- Omari Brigades
- "FSA alliance pushes back against Islamic Front". The Daily Star. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Lund, Aron (13 December 2013). "The Syria Revolutionaries’ Front". Carnegie Middle East Center. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Al Qaida rebels leave mass grave behind as they desert base in Syria". McClatchy. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Jihadists capturing southern Syria, local fighter warns". Times of Israel. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "Translation: the Formation of the Syrian Revolutionary Command Council". Goha's Nail. 3 August 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "After ISIL, Jabhat al-Nusra announces Islamic Emirate in Syria". ARA News. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Aleppo: Syria's Stalingrad?". National Interest. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Syria rebels unite and launch new revolt, against jihadists". AFP. 4 January 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "New Syria rebel alliance declares war on Al Qaida". AFP. 4 January 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Reinforcements rush to Aleppo as battles rage". The Daily Star. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Syria: New Rebel Alliance to Rival Islamists". Arutz Sheva. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "FSA, Islamist factions pledge to reconcile". The Daily Star. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Syrian rebels try to agree peace talks stance in Turkey". Reuters. 18 January 2014. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Video shows Syrian rebels may have U.S.-made antitank missiles". Los Angeles Times. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.