From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Syrian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Syrian is a citizen of the Syrian Arab Republic. The name is also used for the native inhabitants of the historical regions of Syria, members of Syrian Christian churches and as a synonym for ethnic Assyrians.
Syrian may also refer to:
- Syrian (horse)
- Syrian Brown Bear, a subspecies of brown bear
- Syrian Camel, an extinct species of camel from Syria
- Syrian Elephant, extinct elephant
- Syrian Hamster, a commonly kept pet
- Syrian Serin, a small passerine bird in the finch family Fringillidae
- Syrian Wild Ass, an extinct subspecies of Equus hemionus
- Syrian Woodpecker, a member of the woodpecker family, the Picidae
- Syrian American, resident of the United States of Syrian ancestry or nationality
- Syrian Brazilian, resident of Brazil of Syrian ancestry or nationality
- Syrian diaspora, refers to the native Syrian people, living outside of Syria, as either immigrants or refugees
- Syrian Jews, Jews who inhabit the region of the modern state of Syria, and their descendants born outside Syria
- Ephrem the Syrian (306–373), Syriac and a prolific Syriac-language hymnographer and theologian of the 4th century. He is venerated by Christians throughout the world, and especially in the Syriac Orthodox Church, as a saint
- Michael the Syrian (died 1199), Michael the Elder, in opposition to his nephew, was a patriarch of the Syriac Orthodox Church from 1166 to 1199
- Rezon the Syrian, the Syrian was an enemy of King Solomon mentioned in 1 Kings
- Syrian (band), an Italian synthpop band
- Syrian Desert, located in the northern Arabian Peninsula covering 200,000 square miles
- Syrian tetrapolis
- Joseph, John (1983). Muslim-Christian Relations and Inter-Christian Rivalries in the Middle East: The Case of the Jacobites in an Age of Transition. SUNY Pres. p. 150. ISBN 9780873956000.
- Andrade, Nathanael John (2009). "Imitation Greeks": Being Syrian in the Greco-Roman World (175 BCE--275 CE). ProQuest. p. 11. ISBN 9781109110753.
- Syria (disambiguation)
- Syriac (disambiguation)
- Sirian (disambiguation)
- Syrian (language)
- Syrian bean-caper
- Cerean (disambiguation), homophone of "Syrian"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Syrian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.