Syrian detainees at Guantanamo Bay
The United States Department of Defense was holding a total of eleven Syrian detainees in Guantanamo. A total of 778 suspects have been held in the Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba since the camps opened on January 11, 2002 The camp population peaked in 2004 at approximately 660.
Syrian detainees at Guantanamo
|307||Abd Al Nasir Mohammed Abd Al Qadir Khantumani||2002-02-11||2010-07-20||
|312||Muhammed Khan Tumani||2002-02-11||2009-08-28|
|317||Moammar Badawi Dokhan||2002-02-12||2009-08-28|
|326||Ahmed Adnan Ahjam||2002-06-14|
|327||Ali Husein Muhammad Shaaban||2002-06-14|
|329||Abd Al Hadi Omar Mahmoud Faraj||2002-06-08|
|330||Maasoum Abdah Mouhammad||2002-06-10||2010-05-04||
|489||Abd Al Rahim Abdul Rassak Janko||2002-05-01|
|537||Mahmud Salem Horan Mohammed Mutlak Al Ali||2010-09-16||
|722||Jihad Ahmed Mujstafa Diyab||2002-08-05|
|726||Menhal Al Henali||2002-08-05||2004-03-31||
- "On July 31, State Security, one of Syria’s numerous security agencies, seized Yusra al-Husayn at her house and took her into detention. She is the wife of Jihad Diab, a detainee at the US military base at Guantanamo Bay."
- OARDEC (May 15, 2006). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006". United States Department of Defense. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- Carol Rosenberg (2009-08-31). "Court documents name detainees sent to Portugal". Miami Herald. Archived from the original on 2009-08-02. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- OARDEC (2004). "Civil Action No. 05-CV-0526". United States Department of Justice. pp. pages 3–30. Archived from the original on 2009-08-31.
- LALLEMAND,ALAIN (October 17, 2009). "Le " Belge " de Guantánamo est un jeune Syrien de 31 ans".
- Carol Rosenberg (2010-09-16). "Camps census now 174: Germany takes in two Arab captives from Guantánamo". Miami Herald. Retrieved 2010-09-19. "The Pentagon reduced its Guantánamo prison camps census to 174 foreign captives on Thursday, announcing that it had sent two Arabs to resettlement in Germany." mirror
- "Syria: Wives of Islamist Suspects Detained, Whereabouts Unknown". Human Rights Watch. 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2008-08-19.