Sunset at Lake Päijänne and Päijätsalo natural park
Location of Sysmä in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Marketta Kitkiöjoki|
|• Total||936.18 km2 (361.46 sq mi)|
|• Land||667.04 km2 (257.55 sq mi)|
|• Water||269.14 km2 (103.92 sq mi)|
|Area rank||119th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||210th largest in Finland|
|• Density||6.39/km2 (16.6/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.4% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||12.5%|
|• 15 to 64||57.8%|
|• 65 or older||29.7%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19%|
Sysmä is a municipality of Finland. It is situated in Southern Finland and is part of the Päijänne Tavastia region. The municipality has a population of 4,263 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 936.18 square kilometres (361.46 sq mi) of which 269.14 km2 (103.92 sq mi) is water. The population density is 6.39 inhabitants per square kilometre (16.6 /sq mi). Neigbouring municipalities: Asikkala, Hartola, Heinola, Kuhmoinen, Luhanka, and Padasjoki. The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Many summer happenings are held in Sysmä during which the population could even triple seasonally. One of the most popular events is called Sysmän suvisoitto.
Itä-Häme newspaper is established in Sysmä.
Joutsjärvi, Karilanmaa, Kinnarila, Koivisto, Liikola, Nikkaroinen, Nuoramoinen, Rapala, Ravioskorpi, Taipale, Valittula, and Vintturi.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Sysmä at Wikimedia Commons
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|