System Center Mobile Device Manager
|Stable release||1.0 / April, 2008|
|Operating system||Windows, Windows Mobile|
System Center Mobile Device Manager is a Mobile device management (MDM) solution providing over-the-air (OTA) management of Windows Mobile Smartphone security, applications and settings. System Center Mobile Device Manager supports devices running the Windows Mobile 6.1 and above operating system.
Through ActiveDirectory-based policies, the product provides the following functions:
- Provisioning of device settings: provisioning the managed devices with settings, such as E-mail accounts and access points.
- Settings monitoring: setting and verifying the settings of managed devices, gathering diagnostics information and application inventory.
- Device security: back up, restore, lock, wipe and set up functionality restrictions for managed devices.
- Asset and application management: install/remove, update, gather inventory, version check and the starting or stopping of mobile applications, such as virus protection, encryption and mobile email clients.
System Center Mobile Device Manager client is located in ROM. All device management activities are centrally managed from the server side.
See also 
- Official product page
- ZDNet - Microsoft launches Windows Mobile management tool
- Open Mobile Alliance