System Dynamics Society
- Latin America
- United Kingdom
- To identify, extend and unify knowledge contributing to the understanding and betterment of economic systems through the use of System Dynamics.
- To promote the development of the fields of Economics and System Dynamics.
- To encourage and develop educational programs related to the behavior of economic systems.
- To promote pluralism within the economics profession.
To accomplish these objectives the Economics Chapter proposes to conduct chapter meetings and to publish a journal, newsletter, website, books, and other materials. The president in 2007 is I. David Wheat, Jr., Senior Lecturer in System Dynamics, University of Bergen, Norway. Immediate Past-President is Oleg V. Pavlov, Assistant Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA. And there are currently 71 members in this chapter.
Special Interest Groups
- Conflict, Defense, and Security
- Health Policy
- Information Science and Information Systems
- Model Analysis
- Constitution of the Economics Chapter of the System Dynamics Society, Inc.
- Oleg V. Pavlov Home Page