|Key people||Pierre Mongin, President, , CEO|
|Services||Transportation planning, project management and oversight, consulting, urban and rail transport engineering|
|Revenue||Turnover 2011: 416 Million €|
|Employees||workforce in 2011: 3400|
MVA Hong Kong
SYSTRA is an international engineering and consulting group specializing in rail (passenger and freight) and public transport. SYSTRA is known worldwide for its work in transport modes that offer a sustainable alternative to cars and trucks. With more than 2,500 employees worldwide, SYSTRA has undertaken projects in 130 different countries. Systra is a 50:50 joint venture between SNCF Infra and RATP.
SYSTRA was created by the fusion of two engineering firms, Sofrerail (Société Française d’Etudes et de Réalisations Ferroviaires – French Rail Studies and Realizations Company) and Sofretu (Société Française d’Etudes et de réalisations de Transports Urbains – French Urban Transport Studies and Realizations Company). Sofrerail, a subsidiary of the French National Rail Company (in French, SNCF), was created in 1957 in the context of work on the Indian railway. Sofretu, a subsidiary of the Paris Transport Authority (Régie autonome des transports parisiens, RATP), was created in 1961 in the context of work carried out for the Metro of Montreal.
Sofretu and Sofrerail fused at the end of 1995 and became SYSTRA (SYStèmes de TRAnsport, Transport Systems) in 1997.
A selection of key studies in the history of SYSTRA:
- Since 1967, SYSTRA is associated with the development of the Metro of Mexico City and since 1968 with the Metro of Santiago, Chile.
- 1970 – first involvement with Cairo, with the development of its transport master plan followed by the detailed studied of line 1 of the metro system.
- Beginning in 1974, studies for the automatic driverless subway (VAL) of Lille, then for the automatic driverless subway of Taipai (Taiwan), Turin, Rennes, Toulouse, Paris (France). SYSTRA sets the standard in the development of automatic subway systems.
- Beginning in 1988, SYSTRA participates in the construction of the tunnel under the English Channel and of High Speed 1, the first high-speed rail line in Great Britain.
SYSTRA is made up of the following divisions:
- Four sales divisions, each dedicated to a large geographical region
- Support functions (human resources department, etc.)
SYSTRA also has numerous subsidiaries, making up the SYSTRA Group.
The division SYSTRA Conseil was created March 1, 2009. Its staff of 80 engineers, architects, rail operation experts, economists and cartographers is largely drawn from the former Transport Planning Department and the GSM-R Department, which were disbanded with the creation of SYSTRA Conseil.
SYSTRA Conseil offers services in transportation planning, project management and oversight and operating assistance for the freight, passenger and urban transport rail sectors.
SYSTRA Conseil’s activities include:
- Transportation plans, design, strategic studies and other services at different scales (city, regional, national) and for different modes (passenger, rail freight rail, public transport, bicycles, pedestrians etc.) e.g.:
- Studies of institutional and financial structures necessary for the construction and operation of a large-scale transport project, funding scheme studies, studies for tariff setting
- Design of transport hubs and stations
- Studies focused on safety, accessibility and social integration: For example: Transport Accessibility Master Plans, elimination of at-grade crossings, improvement of intersections, study of social effects of transport projects
- Process optimization of existing infrastructure and services: For example: Restructuring of bus lines, time phasing of timetables, capacity studies for rail lines and nodes, studies regarding line upgrades
- Studies for the creation of new interurban services
- Studies for the installation of new technological features – ERTMS, ticketing, passenger information systems
- Evaluations of the impact of policies and projects For example: economic analyses, carbon footprint analyses, environmental assessments, sustainable development assessments
- Consultation with stakeholders and the greater public and consulation services for decision makers
- Project management and oversight
- Training sessions for universities, public authorities and transportation authorities
The Engineering Division is made up of 3 departments: Civil Engineering, Transportation Systems and equipment, and Project Management.
Each of the four sales divisions (France, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Africa-Americas-Middle East) is responsible for a large geographic area, including the activities of the Group’s subsidiaries.
|France||Systra S.A. - Group Headquarters||Paris||France||www.systra.com|
|INEXIA - Headquarter||La Plaine-Saint-Denis -Paris Balard|
|XELIS - Headquarter||Fontenay-sous-Bois|
|Project offices at||Brest, Bordeaux, Le Havre, Marseille, ...|
|Europe||SYSTRA Ltd||Woking - Surrey||UK|||
|Systra S.A. Oddział w Polsce||Varsovie||Poland||www.systra.pl|
|Systra Branch Latvia||Riga||Latvia|
|Systra S.A. Franta Sucursala Bucuresti||Bucarest||Romania|
|Systra Consulting||Little Falls, New Jersey||USA||www.systraconsulting.com|
|Asia||MVA Hong Kong||Hong Kong||Hong Kong||www.mvasia.com|
|Systra Philippines Inc||Pasig City||Philippines||www.systraphil.com|
|Systra Taïwan Branch||Taipei||Taiwan|
|Systra Asia Pacific Ltd||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|Systra Shanghai Consulting Co||Shanghai||China||www.systra.com.cn|
|Systra MVA Consulting||New Delhi||India|
|Systra Korea Branch||Séoul||South Korea|
|Systra Philippines Branch||Quezon City||Philippines|
Below a selection of SYSTRA projects throughout the world.
- 2007 - 2009: Urban Transport Plan for the Guadeloupe centre agglomeration
- 2007 - 2013: Conception and supervision of the construction of the first subway line in Hanoi (Vietnam)
- 2006 - 2009/10: Supervision, within a larger consortium, of the construction of the two first automatic subway lines in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
- 2006 - 2010: Complete construction of the eastern line of the Algers light rail system
- 2007 - 2009: Consulting services for the Macedonion Railway
The U-shaped viaduct was developed by SYSTRA as an economical structure combining all the components of an elevated rail system as a practical solution for both installation and maintenance. SYSTRA has taken out an international patent to protect the U-shaped viaduct.
The design is intended to provide: reduction of visual impact in the urban environment, integrated sound protection, integrated components that keep the train on the viaduct in the case of a derailment as well as rapid construction cost reduction.
The U-shaped viaduct was used for the construction of the automatic subway systems in Taipei (Taiwan) and Dubai (UAE), as well as for line 2 of the Canton (China) subway, line 3 of the Delhi (India) subway and lines 4 and 5 of the Santiago (Chile) subway.
- "SYSTRA". Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Background www.systra.com
- Ingénierie : Systra veut jouer dans la cour des grands Defawe Philippe , 07/12/2007 , (section "FOCUS" - current contracts 2007) , www.lemoniteur.fr
- The U shaped viaduct www.systra.com