|Industry||Mass Transit and Rail|
|Number of locations||9 regions, 3000 contracts in 78 countries|
|Key people||Pierre Verzat CEO, Directorate Frédric Delorme, Mathieu Dunant, Bruno Schmitt, Communication and Marketing Alain Sanchez|
|Services||Transportation planning, project management and oversight, consulting, urban and rail transport engineering|
|Revenue||Turnover 2013: 443 Million €|
|Employees||workforce in 2014: 4700|
MVA Hong Kong
SYSTRA is an international engineering and consulting group specializing in rail (passenger and freight) and public transport. SYSTRA is known worldwide for its expertise in rail engineering, from light & mass transit rail to high speed rail. With more than 4,700 employees worldwide, SYSTRA has undertaken projects in 130 different countries. Systra is a 50:50 joint venture between SNCF Infra and RATP.
SYSTRA was created by the fusion of two engineering firms, Sofrerail (Société Française d’Etudes et de Réalisations Ferroviaires – French Rail Studies and Realizations Company) and Sofretu (Société Française d’Etudes et de réalisations de Transports Urbains – French Urban Transport Studies and Realizations Company). Sofrerail, a subsidiary of the French National Rail Company (in French, SNCF), was created in 1957 in the context of work on the Indian railway. Sofretu, a subsidiary of the Paris Transport Authority (Régie autonome des transports parisiens, RATP), was created in 1961 in the context of work carried out for the Metro of Montreal.
A selection of key studies in the history of SYSTRA:
- Since 1967, SYSTRA is associated with the development of the Metro of Mexico City and since 1968 with the Metro of Santiago, Chile.
- 1970 – first involvement with Cairo, with the development of its transport master plan followed by the detailed studied of line 1 of the metro system.
- Beginning in 1974, studies for the automatic driverless subway (VAL) of Lille, then for the automatic driverless subway of Taipai (Taiwan), Turin, Rennes, Toulouse, Paris (France). SYSTRA sets the standard in the development of automatic subway systems.
- Beginning in 1988, SYSTRA participates in the construction of the tunnel under the English Channel and of High Speed 1, the first high-speed rail line in Great Britain.
SYSTRA is made up of the following divisions:
- Sales divisions, each dedicated to a large geographical region
- Support functions (human resources department, communication & marketing, etc.)
SYSTRA also has numerous subsidiaries, making up the SYSTRA Group.
The Engineering Division is made up of 4 departments: Civil Engineering, Transportation Systems, Rolling-Stock Operation & Maintenance, and Project Management.
|France||Systra S.A. - Group Headquarters||Paris||France||www.systra.com|
|Project offices at||Brest, Bordeaux, Le Havre, Marseille, ...|
|Europe||SYSTRA Ltd||Woking - Surrey||UK|||
|Systra S.A. Oddział w Polsce||Varsovie||Poland||www.systra.pl|
|Systra Branch Latvia||Riga||Latvia|
|Systra S.A. Franta Sucursala Bucuresti||Bucarest||Romania|
|Systra Consulting||Little Falls, New Jersey||USA||www.systraconsulting.com|
|Asia||MVA Hong Kong||Hong Kong||Hong Kong||www.mvasia.com|
|Systra Philippines Inc||Pasig City||Philippines||www.systraphil.com|
|Systra Taïwan Branch||Taipei||Taiwan|
|Systra Asia Pacific Ltd||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|Systra Shanghai Consulting Co||Shanghai||China||www.systra.com.cn|
|Systra MVA Consulting||New Delhi||India|
|Systra Korea Branch||Séoul||South Korea|
|Systra Philippines Branch||Quezon City||Philippines|
Below a selection of SYSTRA projects throughout the world.
- 2007 - 2013: Conception and supervision of the construction of the first subway line in Hanoi (Vietnam)
- 2006 - 2009/10: Supervision, within a larger consortium, of the construction of the two first automatic subway lines in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
- 2006 - 2010: Complete construction of the eastern line of the Algers light rail system
- 2007 - 2009: Consulting services for the Macedonion Railway
The U-shaped viaduct was developed by SYSTRA as an economical structure combining all the components of an elevated rail system as a practical solution for both installation and maintenance. SYSTRA has taken out an international patent to protect the U-shaped viaduct.
The design is intended to provide: reduction of visual impact in the urban environment, integrated sound protection, integrated components that keep the train on the viaduct in the case of a derailment as well as rapid construction cost reduction.
The U-shaped viaduct was used for the construction of the automatic subway systems in Taipei (Taiwan) and Dubai (UAE), as well as for line 2 of the Canton (China) subway, line 3 of the Delhi (India) subway and lines 4 and 5 of the Santiago (Chile) subway.
- "SYSTRA". Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Background www.systra.com
- Ingénierie : Systra veut jouer dans la cour des grands Defawe Philippe , 07/12/2007 , (section "FOCUS" - current contracts 2007) , www.lemoniteur.fr
- The U shaped viaduct www.systra.com