|Full name||Szymon Piotr Kołecki|
October 12, 1981 |
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||94 kg (207 lb)|
|Event(s)||– 94 kg|
Kołecki represents the team of Górnik Polkowice, his career was put on hold in early 2000s (decade), because of a serious back injury. He qualified for the 2004 Polish team, but was disqualified from Olympic competition after a urine sample he provided tested positive for the banned anabolic steroid nandrolone. He returned to weightlifting in late 2005, winning European Championships a few months later. He was also a member of the Polish team for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, during which he claimed that his recently shaved head had a covert political message.
- Olympic Games Sydney 2000 - silver;
- World Record in clean and jerk, 232,5 kg in Sofia, April 29, 2000;
- World Championships - silver twice (Athens 1999 and Santo Domingo 2006), bronze twice (Antalya 2001, Chiang Mai 2007);
- European Championships - gold four times (1999, 2000, 2007, 2008) and one silver (2006);
- Olympic Games Beijing 2008 - silver.
- Snatch: 182.5 kg in 2000 Summer Olympics in class to 94 kg.
- Clean and jerk: World record in clean and jerk, 232.5 kg and polish record 235.0 kg Men's 94 kg.
- Total: 412.5 kg (180 + 232.5) in 2000, Sofia, Bulgaria, European Championships.
- "Szymon Kołecki Statistics". Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "Polish weightlifter banned from Olympics". NBC Sports Online. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- Polish Silver Medallist Kolecki's Tibet protest, Phayul.com website
- "Progress of World Records, Men's 94 kg". International Weightlifting Federation.
- "Results". Official webpage. Retrieved 2009-09-10.