Täsch railway station
|A shuttle train at the station.|
|Distance||5.61 km (3.49 mi)
|Elevation||1,437.6 m (4,717 ft)|
|Opened||18 July 1891|
|Electrified||1 October 1929|
|Line ops||Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn|
Täsch railway station is a metre gauge railway station serving the municipality of Täsch, in the Canton of Valais, Switzerland. It forms part of the Brig-Visp-Zermatt railway (BVZ), which connects the car-free mountaineering and ski resort of Zermatt with standard gauge lines at Visp (served by SBB-CFF-FFS) and Brig (served by SBB-CFF-FFS and BLS AG).
Due to Zermatt's car free status, the MGB has a frequent special shuttle train service between Zermatt and Täsch, where people travelling to and from Zermatt by combustion-engined vehicles are required to park their vehicles. For most of most days, this service operates at 20 minute intervals. The MGB also operates regional services between Zermatt and Brig via Täsch at hourly intervals.
Every day, several Glacier Express trains, which are operated at this point by the MGB, pass through Täsch, but do not stop there.
Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn services
- Shuttle services - frequent
- Regional services - 1tph
|Preceding station||Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn||Following station|
Swiss timetable 140
Swiss timetable 141
- Swiss timetable 140.
- Moser, Beat; Jossi, Urs (2006). MGB Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn 1. Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany: Eisenbahn-Journal (Verlagsgruppe Bahn GmbH). ISBN 3-89610-157-9. (German)
- "Official timetable of Switzerland". Bundesamt für Verkehr. (English)
- Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn (German)
- Matterhorn Terminal AG - information about Zermatt shuttle trains (English)
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|