Töölö Sports Hall photographed from the tower of the Olympic Stadium
Töölö Sports Hall (Finnish: Töölön kisahalli, Swedish: Tölö sporthall) is a sports venue located in the Töölö district of Helsinki, Finland. It was built in 1935 as Messuhalli (Exhibition Hall). It is located near the Olympic Stadium, the Opera House, and the Sonera Stadium.
The hall was originally a venue for concerts, banquets and sporting events, but is now used only for training and competition in various sports.
In preparation for the 1952 Summer Olympics the building was expanded on the northern side.
During the Olympics gymnastics, wrestling, boxing and weightlifting events as well as the basketball finals were held at the venue.
In June 1966 the hot pitch used to fix the hall's roof caught fire. The ensuing blaze almost destroyed the whole building but was eventually extinguished with the help of 175 firemen and the army, the latter of which kept the gathered crowds out of the way.
In 1975 the hall was moved to Helsinki city ownership and got its current name. It is the home arena of the basketball team Torpan Pojat.
External links 
NOTE: During the Olympic Games, venues that have naming rights sold may not use their name during the Olympic Games.
- 1936: Tennis Courts, Tennis Stadium (final)
- 1948: Harringay Arena
- 1952: Messuhalli (final), Tennis Palace
- 1956: West Melbourne Stadium, Royal Exhibition Building (final)
- 1960: Palazzo dello Sport (final), Palazzetto dello sport
- 1964: National Gymnasium
- 1968: Juan Escutia Sports Palace
- 1972: Basketballhalle
- 1976: Centre Étienne Desmarteau, Montreal Forum (final)
- 1980: CSKA Palace of Sports, Indoor Stadium (final)
- 1984: The Forum
- 1988: Jamsil Gymnasium
- 1992: Pavelló Olímpic de Badalona
- 1996: Georgia Dome (final), Morehouse College Gymnasium
- 2000: Sydney SuperDome (final), The Dome and Exhibition Complex
- 2004: Hellinikon Indoor Arena, Olympic Indoor Hall (final)
- 2008: Wukesong Indoor Stadium
- 2012: Basketball Arena, The O21
- 2016: Olympic Training Center – Arena 1
Coordinates: 60°11′00″N 24°55′32″E / 60.18333°N 24.92556°E