Tirath Das Dogra
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|Tirath Das Dogra|
Professor Tirath Das Dogra, Vice Chancellor of SGT University, Budhera Gurgaon, Haryana.
July 18, 1947|
Bhoi Brahmana, Shakargarh, British India
|Education||MBBS (1971), MD (Forensic Medicine 1976)|
|Alma mater||Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, All India Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Employer||SGT Group of Institutions, Budhera, Gurgaon|
|Known for||Medical jurispurudence, forensic pathology, forensic medicine and toxicology|
Tirath Das Dogra (तीरथ दास ङोग़रा T. D. Dogra,18 July 1947) Vice Chancellor,SGT University Budhera Gurgaon Haryana since 15 March 2013.He is a former Director of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi and an authority of Forensic Medicine of India. He held many responsible positions at AIIMS like Dean (Exam), Deputy Director (Administration), Chairman – Hospital Management Board of AIIMS Hospitals, Superintendent of hostels of AIIMS, in- charge CMET, in- charge- faculty affairs and Professor and head of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. He joined AIIMS as a Resident Doctor in 1971 and became faculty in 1977. On superannuation of his revered teacher late Prof. Jagdish Chandra on 30 June 1987 he became the Head of Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology at AIIMS. A position he held till his retirement on 31 July 2012 after serving four decade at AIIMS.
Early life 
Dogra was born at Bhoi Brahmana 30 kilometres from Jammu on the banks of the Basantar River the present day border with Pakistan to Prem Nath Dogra and Gayano Devi Dogra.On division of India his father was transferred to Sikar in 1947 and later to Bikaner in 1959 where he settled permanently in 1961. He completed his primary Schooling from Badridas Vidavatji ka Middle School Sikar and Matric (1963) from M M High School(1959-63) Bikaner. Subsequent to 1st year TDC from Dungar College Bikaner he graduated in Medicine from Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner.
He was first MD in Forensic Medicine(1974)from AIIMS. His areas of special interest have been DNA profiling and Population Genetics, residual and environmental toxicity, Bio and Medical ethics, pesticide toxicity, pharmaco-vigilance, Continuing medical education, suicide prevention, Suicide notes, Forensic Psychiatry (Psychological profiling of Accused persons) and crime scene reconstruction. His practical work in these areas is extensive. He has been involved in medico- legal investigations of almost all the important cases of the country from different states and is widely traveled in this regard.
Professor T D Dogra has given medico-legal opinion in cases pertaining to three prime ministers of India namely Indira Gandhi, Charan Singh and Rajiv Gandhi,., He deposed as a lone Medical witness in the court of Sri Mahesh Chandra trial court for Indira Gandhi assassination as prosecution witness (PW-5),the defense counsel Sri P. N. Lekhi cross examined him, the evidevce was concluded in several sessions.  He was sent to Sri Lanka by Government of India as a member of three member team in regard to investigation of assassination of Sri Gamini Dissanayake a presidential candidate. Dogra worked with Seyed E. Hasnain,Sher Ali of NII and Anupum Raina on DNA Profiling while Sanjeev lalwani, Tabin Millo and Chitranjan Behera assisted him in forensic work.After his superannuation from AIIMS he joined SGT Group of Institution as Director General and on becoming University he joined as its first founder Vice Chancellor on 15 March 2013.
In recent past he led the forensic investigation in Nithari killings Ishrat Jahan encounter case Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter & Tulsi Prajapati encounter, Godhra Violence, Bilkis Bano case, Batla House encounter case Dr Y S Sachan of Uttar Pradesh NRHM scam case, Nigamananda Saraswati of Rishikesh, Ashutosh Asthana of Provident fund Scam case of Gaziabad U.P.,Kavita Chaudhry case of Meerut U.P.,Kunal (Tamil film actor)suicide case of Mumbai, Nirupama Pathak death case, Koderma, Jharkhand, Ansal Plaza encounter case, Uphar Cinema fire Tragedy, Shehla Masood case of Bhopal, Sadiq Batcha case of Tamil Nadu, Bhanwari Devi (2011 case)case of Rajasthan,Cherukuri Rajkumar alias Azad,Pipli Gang Rape case, Natasha Singh case Reconstruction, Dara Singh encounter case of Jaipur,Ishmeet Singh (winner of the Voice of India T.V. show) death in Maldives, Pratyusha suicide case from Hyderabad, Nitish Katara murder case Dr R K Gupta murder case of Delhi etc.etc.He provided consultations to CBI prosecutors in case of Priyadarshini Mattoo of Dehi and Haren Pandya murder case of Ahmedabad.Dogra's name was prominently cited in court proceeding of Arushi Talwar murder case. Important situations of Mass Disasters dealt by him are Qutub teagedy 1980,Post Indira Gandhi assassination riots (casualties about 2000),Sidhartha continental hotel fire on 24 January 1986, Lajpat nagar bomb blast 21 May 1996. , Mid air collusion of Kjakhistan and Saudi airline airplanes on 12 November 1996 at Charkhi-Dadri, Haryana,Sarojini Nagar bomb blast on 29 October 2005, Mass grave exhumation at Panchmahal-Lonawala Gujrat in 2005, Gyaneshwari Raiway accident on 28 May 2012. The alleged Bhandara rape and murder case of Maharashtra (March 2013) was referred to Dogra by Maharasthra Police for second opinion. Maharashtra Police took help of Prof. T D Dogra, in the Shruti Bhagvat case of Aurangabd, Maharahtra.
Medico-legal issues and Politics
Dr Dogra dealt the complicated medico-legal issues in politically sensitive cases like, the Suicide by Shri Kishan Chand ICS, Former Lt Governor of Delhi in 1977, assassination of Jatherdar Stonkh Singh in December 1981, a confident of Indira Gandhi and Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale, post-Morten of Beant Singh the assassin of Indira Gandhi.He dealt the assassination of Lalit Maken and his wife a congress MP from New Delhi and son in law of Late Shri S D Sharma the Former president of India. Shri Jagdev Singh Khudian Member of Parliament from Akali Dal suicide case in 1990. Tandoor Murder(Naina Sahni)case a murder by a Youth congress leader Shushil Sharma. The Shilpi jain and Gautam Singh death case of Patna, Bihar, in which name of Sadhu Yadav a politician from Bihar and brother in law of Lalu yadav figured in media. Shri Madhavrao Sindhia Airplane crash case.The murder of Satyendra Dubey of National Highways Authority of India in Gaya Bihar in 2003.Death of Shanmugam an accused in assassination of Rajiv Gandhi former Prime Minister of India. Assassination of Arjun Das a family friend of Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, a member of Delhi Metropolitan Council in September 1985. Autopsy on Hans Christian Ostro, one of the victim who was beheaded among 1995 Kidnapping of western tourists in Kashmir by an extremist group.He gave opinion in Khairlanji massacre case in Maharashtra on request of CBI. Dr Dogra opined in the Bhanwari Devi case of Rajasthan in 1992.Harsh Baljee murder case of 1999 in Shimla was reconstructed by Professor T D Dogra to co-relate the crime scene bullet recovered by Police. M G Rusia, chief executive officer of the Bhopal Development Authority death case (September 2009) was reconstructed by a team of experts from AIIMS and CFSL Delhi, under the Chairmanship of Professor T D Dogra. Dogra conducted autopsy of Bibek Maitra (secretary to BJP leader late Pramod Mahajan) and Rahul Mahajan Drug overdose case (son of BJP General Secretary late Sri Pramod Mahajan). He delt alleged murder case against Bibi Jagir Kaur(President Shri Gurudwara Parbandak Committee) of her daughter Harpreet Kaur Murder. He opined in murder of Amir Singh a candidate in election (Meham, Haryana)killed on 16 May 1990. He assisted Professor Jagdish Chandra in medico-legal opinion in Dalip Singh murder case of Jaipur Rajasthan in seventies(1970's).He also got opportunity to discuss medico-legal issues with late Professor Jagdish Chandra in important cases in which Dr Chandra was consulted by investigating/judicial/administrative agencies in previous years like K M Nanawati case, Raman Raghav case (serial Killer in Bombay) and Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyaya murder case.
Society of Toxicology, India honored him by conferring "Distinguished Scientist Lifetime Achievement Award in Toxicology" and "Distinguished Service Award" by Geriatric Society of India. He has been actively engaged in the issue of organ donation, retrieval and tracking from very beginning and took active participation in the activities of ORBO at AIIMS (Organ Retrieval Banking Organization) and in framing, revising of rules, enactment and training programs.
During Dogra's tenure as a Director AIIMS 330 Acres of land was acquired for AIIMS-2 in Jajhar District of Haryana. Recommendation of Moily committee were implemented, additional teaching faculty for AIIMS and funds were sanctioned for the expansions of AIIMS teaching and academic facilities. The CDER and JPNA Apex Trauma Center were strengthened and made fully functional. Agreement with Metro was signed and money deposited for underground tunnel to connect AIIMS main to Trauma centre. Shri Manmohan Singh Prime Minister of India underwent re-do second time coronary bypass Surgery at AIIMS  and Shrimati Pratibha PatilPresident of India underwent operation for Cataract of both the eyes. Professor T D Dogra shall be remembered in AIIMS for sailing the Institute successfully during its most troubled times in its history.
He edited the“Lyon’s Medical Jurisprudence for India” and prepared the manual for medico legal work. He is co-author of first book on “Practical Aspects of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology”. He has published more than 200 papers in national and international journals.,. He has been guide of more than 50 MD and PhD thesis projects and have supervised/co-supervised many extramural research Projects funded by BPR&D, DST, ICAR and WHO.
He has been member of numerous committees constituted by Govt. of India, State Government and AIIMS like, member of Advisory committee on Prison reforms BPR&D India, ex-member Medical Toxicology of Central Insecticide Board Ministry of Health and Family welfare and ex-member Medical Toxicology of Registration committee for Insecticides Ministry of Agriculture India, member RAP/SAC (Research analysis panel and Scientific advisory committee) of CDFD,Cendtre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad (1999 to 2012),Member Sub Committee on Medicolegal services in Delhi (1982)DGHS,Delhi.etc. etc.
He has been a visiting faculty to LNJP National Institute of Criminalistics and Forensic Sciences, Police Training School,Judicial Academy Delhi Karkardooma Court Shahdara, Judicial Acdemy Nanital Uttrakhand, Sardar Patel Academy of Police Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) Mussoorie, UP Academy of Administration and management at Nanital, CBI Academy, Ghaziabad, National Academy of Customs Excise & Narcotics or NACEN, Faridabad, Institute of road traffic education (IRTE) Faridabad.
He has been providing consultation to the Central Bureau of Investigation India, Courts of Law, State Crime Branches,National Commission for Human Rights, National Commission for women Delhi, and National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) etc.
He has been editorial member or peer reviewer of many national and international Journals. He has also written articles in popular press on invitation. He has been founder of Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology and Indian Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. Dogra founded the Indian Congress of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology  He has organized numerous conferences, workshops, seminars and has delivered hundreds of guest lectures, inauguration, valedictory lectures and Orations on wide range of subjects.
He took charge from his revered Teacher Professor Jagdish Chandra as a single faculty member. Dogra soon developed DNA Profiling Laboratory and Toxicology laboratory. Dogra expanded the department to 10 faculty members,two scientists, 12 Junior Residents and 12 Senior residents at Department of Forensic MedicineAll India Institute of medical Sciences New Delhi.
Dogra interacted and exchanged veiws with many internationally known forensic personalities like Keith Simpson,Keith Mant,T K Marshal,D J Ghee,Alec Jeffreys,Michael S Pollanen, Professor Stephen M Cordner,Henry Lee (forensic scientist),Prof Derrick J Pounder etc. etc.
Personal life 
He married Lalita Sharma from Palampur Himachal Pradesh in 1975. He has two children Ankit married to Moneet having a grandson Shaunak and granddaughter Vanya and his daughter Aakanksha is married to Ashish Caturvedi.
- PTI Nov 30, 2007, 09.17pm IST. "Venugopal removed, T D Dogra is new AIIMS director - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Rajesh Talwar Prime Suspect in Aarushi Murder Case: CBI(12th para)". The Times of India. SUNDAY, JANUARY 2, 2011. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "T D Dogra". Tddogra.blogspot.in. 2010-09-12. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Tirath Das Dogra". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "T D Dogra". Google. Sunday, September 12, 2010. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Google+ T D Dogra". Google. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Google Scholar Citation T D Dogra". Google. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Forensic Medicine AIIMS,Alumuni". AIIMS New Delhi. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "Article on DNA no. 11,12,16,52 to 56 on My NCBI". My NCBI- Pubmed. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Google Scholar citations". Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Orientation of Master Trainers on Teaching of Medical Ethics". World Heath Organisation, New Delhi. 2010-07-18. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Facilitators' Guide for teaching medical ethics to undergraduate students in Medical colleges in South East Asia region". World Health Organisation New Delhi. 2009-11. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "National Phamacovigilence Advisory committee, Ministry of Health and Family welfare, India". Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Co-Patron-NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MEDICAL EDUCATION NCME 2007". K L Wig centre for continue medical education AIIMS. 2007-11-15-17. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Google scholar my citations". Google Scholar. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Psycological profiling of a serial killer". Pubmed. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Latest news and stories about AIIMS Forensic team". India.com. 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Dr Dalbir Singh at INPALM inaugration". youtube. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "The dead don't speak but forensics tells us lots about crime: Dr T D Dogra : Cover Story - India Today". Indiatoday. 2012-01-13. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Dr T D Dogra's expert evidence in trial of assassination of Indira Gandhi Prime Minister of India,Indian Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology,Year : 2009, Volume : 7, Issue : 4,First page : ( 134) Last page : ( 159) ,Print ISSN : 0974-4487. Online ISSN : 0973-1970.". oct 2009. Retrieved 2013-1-24..
- "‘She Was Clinically Alive’ | Anuradha Raman". Outlookindia.com. 2009-11-02. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Google Scholar Citations". Scholar.google.co.in. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- Vishwa Mohan, TNN Jan 12, 2007, 02.59am IST (2007-01-12). "CBI takes high-profile team to Nithari - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Ishrat Jahan encounter: Board of experts misinterpreted parameters, says SIT". Indian Express. 2011-12-19. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "CBI reconstructs Tulsi Prajapati encounter". Zeenews.india.com. 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "CBI chief: Bano’s courage was key". Indian Express. 2008-01-19. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Questions Galore on the Death of MC Sharma in Batla House Encounter | Beyond Headlines". Beyondheadlines.in. 2011-09-22. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Sachan Case: AIIMS experts' report contradicted FSL view". Hindustan Times. 2012-10-04. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Letter to Director-cbi-regarding-prevelent-corruption and more then that indifference towards the murder of sawmi nigmanand". matrisadan.worldpress.com. 2012-07-04. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "SC orders judicial probe into Asthana case". Oneindia. 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Court orders CBI probe into actor's murder". The Times Of India. TNN Dec 18, 2009, 01.08am IST. Retrieved 2013-03-03.
- "Scribe Nirupama committed suicide: AIIMS". ZEENEWS.com. Thursday, August 26, 2010, 00:03. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Autopsy confirms encounter was genuine". Time of india. 2002-11-09. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- Delhi, "In the court of Mamta Sehgal Sessions court-Uphar fire accident case-Judgement". scribd.com. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Masood murder: Forensic experts to start probe". Zeenews.india.com. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Chennai, Jul 5 : Two forensic ...". 2011-07-05. Retrieved 2013-1-24..
- "FBI report is first ever proof of Bhanwari's Death". Times of India. 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "Police seek AIIMS Doctors opinion in Pipli gang rape case". The Hindu. 2012-01-29. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "The life and death of Natasha Singh". India Today. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "CBI set to name 16 in Dara Singh case". Times of India. 2011-03-13. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Pratyusha committed suicide, says CBI". The Hindu. 2002-11-07. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "Judgement Nitish Katara murder case". Delhi Court. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Lover kills doctor to prove fidelity". The Times of India, Delhi. TNN Dec 11, 2003, 01.46am IST. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Rajesh Talwar prime suspect in Aarushi murder case: CBI". Times of India. 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "38 killed as fire races through Hotel in India". The New York Times. 1986-01-24. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "Lajpat Nagar blast:Chronology of events". IBNLive. 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Cops seek aid to clear cloud over rape". DNA. Tuesday, Mar 5, 2013, 8:30 IST. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "No rape in Bhandara: Govt panel". The Times Of India. Mar 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-1o.
- "Girls' autopsies marred by forensic flaws: Experts". Mid Day Mumbai. 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2013-o3-13.
- "â€"Police take Delhi expertsâ€™ help in Bhagwat murder case". The Times of India. Mar 25, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Heat of the cruel son, Sunil Sethi". Outlook India. 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Psalms of terror". The Knights of Falsehood. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Kehar Singh vs State". Delhi High Court. 1988-08-03. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Missing Sikh lawmakers body found in canal". AP News Archive. 1990-01-03. Retrieved 2013-16.
- "State vs Sushil Sharma". Delhi High Court. 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Analysis of the Medical expert opinion by CBI". IIJFMT 2(1) 2004. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "ESCAPE FROM THE CUSTODY AND SUBSEQUENT DEATH OF SHRI SHANMUGAM, AN ACCUSED IN THE RAJIV GANDHI ASSASSINATION CASE". Proceedings of Parliament of India, Discussion under rule-193. 1991-07-30. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Gandhi Friend Slain; Sikhs Are Suspected : Victim a New Delhi Councilman; Three Gunmen Make Attack". Los Angeles Times. 1985-09-05. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Illegal weapons recovered from Sandeep Dhillon's house". Times of India Shimla. 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "Bhopal development body CEO found dead.". The Indian Express. 2009-09-12. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "Trial in drugs abuse case against Rahul Mahajan to restart". The Indian Express. Fri Apr 08 2011, 22:20 hrs. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Bibek Maitra died of drug overdose IBN Live Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 17:12, Updated on Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 12:39 in India section
- "Harpreet Case,Kamaljit misleading court: CBI". 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- " "Meham has left past behind". The Times of India. 2005-01-29. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "Professor T D Dogra". Society of Toxicology 2010. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "Giriatric Society of India". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "ORBO AIIMS". www.orbo.org.in/update.php. 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Dogra T. D., Lalwani S., Vij Aarti, Vyas M., Venugopal P,Organ Retrieval in Medico-legal cases Journal of Academy of Hospital Administration 2004;16(2):7-12". Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Haryana offers free land for 2nd AIIMS campus". Times of India. 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Oversight committee". Government of India. 2009. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Finally AIIMS get a Trauma center". Delhi Live. 2006-11-02. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Work on AIIMS tunnel initiated". The Hindu. Wednesday, Sep 24, 2008. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Prime Minister Manmohan Singh bypass surgery". sulekha.com. 2009-01-24. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Hard cataract removal no more a tough task". Times of India. 2010-12-20. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Dogra to be the next Director AIIMS". Express India. 2008-06-27. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Prof.T.D. Dogra (2004-09-01). "Lyon : Medical Jurisprudence & Toxicology, 11th Edn.". Delhi Law House/Ebcwebstore.com. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- USA (2012-10-19). "Dogra TD[au% - PubMed - NCBI". Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Advisory commitee on Prison reforms,India". Police Research and Development india. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- "Case Details of File Number: 943/1/5/08-09-AD,Proceeding National Human Right Commission". Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- "Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology". Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Indian Congress of Forenscic Medicine and Toxicology". Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Log nu in om een reactie te plaatsen. "Dr. T.D. Dogra, at INPALMS 2010". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "MICHAEL S. POLLANEN". University of Toronto. 2008. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- "Department of Forensic Medicine,Monash University,Australia". Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- "Welcome to the Department of Forensic Medicine Web Site". University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland. Retrieved 2013-03-14.