T.V. Mohandas Pai
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2011)|
|CA. T.V. Mohandas Pai|
|Education||Fellow Chartered Accountant
Law Graduate from Bangalore University.
|Notable credit(s)||'Best CFO in India' award from Finance Asia|
T.V. Mohandas Pai is the Chairman of Manipal Global Education. He used to be a Member of the board of directors of Infosys, and Head – Administration, Education and Research, Financial, Human Resources, and Infosys Leadership Institute.
Mohan joined Infosys in 1994 and served as a Member of the Board from May 2000– July 2011. He was the chief financial officer from 1994 to 2006. In 2006, he voluntarily demitted the office of CFO to lead efforts in the areas of Human Resources and Education and Research.
As the CFO, he played a strategic role in transforming Infosys into one of the world's most respected and widely known software services companies. He formulated the country's first publicly articulated financial policy for the company. He played a key role in branding the company among the investor community and enhancing transparency and disclosure levels. The Infosys Annual Report, under his supervision, has won the top awards consistently from the Institute of Chartered Accountants and from the South Asian Federation of Accountants.
Mohan was an integral part of the Infosys team that enabled the first listing of an India-registered company on NASDAQ and the first sponsored secondary offering of American Depositary Shares by an Indian company. He was voted 'CFO of the Year' in 2001 by IMA India. He won the 'Best CFO in India' award from Finance Asia in 2002, and 'Best chief financial officer in India' in the Best Managed Companies poll conducted by AsiaMoney in 2004.
Mohan has been active in working with regulators to improve the business ecosystem. He was also a Member of the Kelkar Committee, constituted by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, for reforming direct taxes, the Non-Resident Taxation Committee, the High Powered Committee on e-Commerce and Taxation. He is a Member of the Board of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). He was a Member of the Empowered Committee for setting up the Tax Information Network of the Government of India. He also works with the Union Government and state governments in the fields of education, IT and business. He has been working with decision makers to improve the quality of education and availability of skilled manpower.
Mohan has a keen interest in improving literacy across the country, mainly primary education. In 2000, he, along with others, founded the Akshaya Patra Foundation, Bangalore, to start a midday meal program for school children. Today, the midday meal program feeds over 1,200,000 children in 7,669 government schools across seven states in India, primarily in Bangalore's rural and urban areas, Mysore, Mangalore, Hubli, Mathura, Jaipur, Baran district of Rajasthan, Nayagarh district of Orissa, Puri, Bhilai, Guwahati, Ahmedabad and Vadodara. This program aims to feed 5,000,000 children by 2020. This initiative has turned out to be the largest midday meal program in the world. He has made substantial personal contributions to this program.
Mohan is a member of the Board of CSIR-Tech Pvt Ltd (www.csirtech.com)
Mohan holds a bachelor's degree in commerce from St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore, and a bachelor's degree in law (LLB) from Bangalore University. He is also a fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). In 2011, Mohan, an alumnus of Bangalore University, received an offer to co-chair the proposed Bangalore University School of Economics.
- "About Us". Infosys. Infosys Limited. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Lison Joseph (16 April 2011). "For TV Mohandas Pai, it's back to being an activist". DNA (Daily News and Analysis). Diligent Media Corporation Ltd. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Mini Joseph Tejaswi (16 April 2011). "'Piqued' CEO aspirant Mohandas Pai quits Infy". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Mohandas Pai". Infosys. Infosys Limited. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Anjali Prayag (15 April 2011). "Infosys stalwarts' exit has industry, market aflutter". The Hindu Business Line. The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "TV Mohandas Pai confident of meeting IFRS Apr 1 deadline". CNBC-TV 18. e-Eighteen.com Ltd. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Mohandas Pai gets an offer from Bangalore University". One India News. Greynium Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Infosys' Mohandas Pai sells Rs 16-cr worth shares.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to T.V. Mohandas Pai.|