T. C. Christensen
Tom C. Christensen (born 1953) is an American filmmaker. His films include Joseph Smith: The Man in 1980 to Gordon B. Hinckley: A Giant Among Men in 2008, and more recently films about the [[Martin and Willie handcart companies which encountered horrific difficulties while traversing the plains toward Salt Lake City in late 1856.
Films by Christensen have received recognition in several film festivals. His Pioneer Miracle received the Best in Show award from the Houston International Film Festival in 2004. His Seasons of the Heart for which he was both director and cinematographer received multiple awards in film festivals.
Christensen has made a large number of films about Latter Day Saint (Mormon) founder Joseph Smith. Among these are Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration and Emma Smith: My Story both made in cooperation with Gary Cook. Other Mormon-themed films include his biography of LDS Church president Gordon B. Hinckley, made following Hinckley's death in 2008.
Christensen has also been the cinematographer for a large number of films. These include Rigoletto, The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd, Forever Strong, and Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy.
Christensen has also made several IMAX films including Texas: The Big Picture and Ozarks: Legacy and Legend.
Christensen has two children. His daughter, Tess. appeared in Season's of the Heart" and also had a role in his 2001 film Bug Off.
In the summer of 2011, 17 Miracles was released across the country. The film depicts the Martin and Willie handcart companies]] and their struggles and witnessed miracles as they travelled across the plains to Salt Lake City in 1856.
In 2013, Christensen's film Ephraim's Rescue about the life of Ephraim Hanks, a notable rescuer of the Martin Handcart Company, was released to good user reviews and specifically the addressed events of Hanks bringing the first food supplies to the company, which were snow-bound and starving on the Mormon Trail.
- On Our Own - Cinematographer - 1988
- On the Way Home - Cinematographer - 1992
- The ButterCream Gang - Cinematographer - 1992
- Seasons of the Heart - 1993
- The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd - Cinematographer - 2000
- Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration - Co-director/Cinematographer - 2005
- Finding Faith in Christ - Co-director - 2003
- Down and Derby - Co-cinematographer - 2005
- Roving Mars - Cinematographer - 2006
- Down and Derby
- Finding Faith in Christ
- On the Way Home (film)
- Roving Mars
- Seasons of the Heart (film)
- The ButterCream Gang
- Lee Groberg
- Toone, Trent (March 6, 2013), "T.C. Christensen: the man, the movies and stories that matter", Deseret News
- Moore, Carrie A. (2008-11-21), "Movie details early life of President Hinckley", Deseret News
- IMDB entry for Only A Stonecutter
- Deseret Book entry on Only A Stonecutter
- templestudy.com piece on Only A Stonecutter
- Walch, Tad (2005-07-26), "BYU duo win Telly Award by a nose", Deseret News, retrieved 2009-06-05
- Vice, Jeff (2004-11-24), "'Work' beautiful but disappointing", Deseret News, retrieved 2009-06-05
- Fidel, Steve (2010-08-30), "T.C. Christensen's '17 Miracles' aims to be more than just a handcart story", Deseret News