T. M. Jacob
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
|T. M. Jacob
|Former Food & Civil Supplies Minister of Kerala|
16 September 1950|
Oliyappuram, Ernakulam District
|Died||30 October 2011(aged 61)|
|Political party||Kerala Congress (Jacob)|
|Spouse(s)||Smt. Annie Jacob (Daisy)|
|Children||Anoop Jacob.Ambili Jacob|
|Parents||T.S. Mathew, Annamma|
T. M. Jacob (16 September 1950 – 30 October 2011) was the leader of the Kerala Congress (Jacob), a splinter faction of the Kerala Congress. He was born on 16 September 1950, to T S Mathew and Annamma. Jacob was the Food & Civil Supplies Minister in the UDF government, which was elected into power in Kerala in 2011.
T. M. Jacob was first elected to the Kerala Legislative Assembly as an MLA from Piravom constituency in Ernakulam district in 1977, and remained a member for a period of over thirty years, representing Piravom and Kothamangalam constituencies. Jacob has served as the Education Minister in the Government of Kerala under K. Karunakaran in the 1980s, and as the Irrigation and Water Supply Minister in the UDF Government under A. K. Antony which was elected into power in 2001. He first became a minister in the K. Karunakaran cabinet which held office from 1982–1987 and then subsequently from 1991–1995. He was a Christian, belonging to the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church. He died on 30 October 2011 in a private hospital in Kochi.
Jacob is married to Daisy who works as AGM in Federal Bank Trivandrum.The couple is blessed with a son Anoop Jacob & daughter Ambili. Ambili is working in Technopark Trivandrum & Anoop serving as minister.
- "Council of Ministers".
- "T M Jacob passes away". IBN. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "A warrior in various fronts". IBN. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "Drinking water for all in five years: T.M. Jacob". The Hindu. 20 March 2002. Retrieved 4 June 2009.
- "COUNCIL OF MINISTERS SINCE 1957 - SEVENTH KLA". Kerala Legislative Assembly. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "COUNCIL OF MINISTERS SINCE 1957 - Ninth KLA". Kerala Legislative Assembly.
- "Kerala Food Minister T.M. Jacob passes away". The Hindu. 30 October 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
|This article about a Kerala politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|