T. Mills performing in Hollywood in 2013
|Birth name||Travis Tatum Mills|
|Born||April 12, 1989|
|Origin||Riverside, California, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, synthpop|
|Occupations||Rapper, singer, songwriter|
|Associated acts||Breathe Carolina, Mike Posner, Sammy Adams|
Travis Tatum Mills (born April 12, 1989), better known by his stage-name T. Mills, is an American rapper and singer from Riverside, California. Mills has released one independent studio album Ready Fire Aim, and will release his major label debut in 2013 on Columbia Records.
T. Mills was born Travis Tatum Mills on April 12, 1989. At the age of 5, T. Mills' uncle gave him his first guitar, and by age 15, Mills dropped out of sports to start a punk rock band with his friends. He stated in an interview Bone Thugs-n-Harmony inspired him to start rapping with the way they mix rapping and singing in their songs.
2008-2011 Vans Warped Tour, Ready, Fire, Aim! & Leaving Home
At age 17, he began his solo career writing music in his bedroom using software such as Pro Tools, Logic and Reason to create backing tracks for his songs, and by 18, he was posting his music on MySpace. Mills quickly gained attention self-releasing music online, leading to a spot on the 2009 Vans Warped Tour performing in a Babycakes merchandise tent. After several notable live performances, Mills was getting offered record deals by multiple labels before signing to the Laguna Beach label Uprising Records, who released the Finders Keepers EP on July 14, 2009 and his debut album Ready, Fire, Aim! on September 28, 2010. T. Mills would end up signing with Columbia Records in early 2011 and begun working on his album. During a seven month process of creating it he recorded around 140 songs, which he narrowed down to 10. Then he decided rather than release an album, he would release a free project to the fans, which would be Leaving Home. Mills' second EP, Leaving Home EP, was released for retail sale on December 13, 2011 under Columbia Records. This EP included his breakout hit "Vans On". He collaborated with Juicy J on the song "Beat It Up" which was released in December 2011.
2012-present Thrillionaire and major label debut
A year after the release of Leaving Home, on July 23, 2012 T. Mills released the mixtape Thrillionaire on DatPiff. Guest appearanceson the EP included Smoke DZA, Audio Push and James Fauntleroy II. Production was handled by Sledgren, The Monsters and the Strangerz, and Kane Beatz among others. He released two singles from the mixtape being "Lightweight" and "Diemonds" with a music video also released for "Other Bitch Callin'". Shortly after its release he announced plans to release a Thrillionaire 2 with the second one already completed. He would tour the United States and Europe in the following months.
T. Mills plans to release his major label debut studio album during the second quarter of 2013. He has worked on the album with artists such as Juicy J, Mike Posner, James Fauntleroy II, Travis Barker, Layzie Bone and Skeem. Production on the album is coming from himself, Kane Beatz, 1500 or Nothin', Malay and Boi-1da. On February 15, 2013 T. Mills announced that the first single off his major label debut will be released soon. The single entitled, "Loud" was released on March 5, 2013 for digital download, and the live music video the following day. The song was produced by Pop Wansel and samples "I Know You Got Soul," by Eric B. and Rakim. He said that the hook for the song was one of his favorites out of all the hooks he has written.
During April 2013 Mills toured the United States with rapper Sammy Adams. On June 27, Mike Posner released a remix of "We Own It (Fast & Furious)" featuring T. Mills, Sammy Adams and Niykee Heaton. Shortly after Mills begun touring the United States with We the Kings, and fellow supporting acts The Ready Set and Breathe Carolina on the SummerFest 2013. The second single from his upcoming album, "All I Wanna Do" is scheduled to be released soon, with a music video already shot in mid-July 2013 for it.
Travis Mills music has been described as genre-bending as he mixes singing with rapping and pop production. Mills is known to have pop/electronic songs mixed with hip hop and R&B. Mills says his genre blending music comes from different tastes in his family during his childhood. He has said as a kid his, "Mom was a huge Queen fan, my dad’s a diehard Elvis fan, my uncle is a hip-hop and R&B head, my sister listened to Britney Spears, country and boy bands and I was into pop punk, punk rock, metal and just into everything." He has indicated that his rapping style is influenced by Kanye West and Bone Thugs-n-Harmony among others.
T. Mills is heavily tattooed, which includes a full sleeve on one arm and a Bone Thugs-n-Harmony tattoo on his chest in addition to many others. He also designated the letters "FTH" ("Fuck The Haters", "Forever The Highest") on his forehead, the "O" with a heart behind his left ear representing his sisters name and the word "Patience" tatted on his knuckles his favorites. Mills also got the word "Gnarly" tattooed across his stomach at age 18. A couple months after that he did his first self tattoo which he has got better at doing since then.
He was known for his large stretched ears which he started stretching when he was 15. However, he had them sewn up in 2013. He is also known for his heavy marijuana use with his favorite being sativa. He uses mainly G Pen Personal Vaporizers, blunts or bongs to smoke. T. Mills is known for his large following on multiple social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Ready, Fire, Aim! (2010), Uprising Records
- TBA (2013), Columbia Records
- Thrillionaire (2012)
- Thrillionaire 2 (TBA)
|2010||"Stupid Boy"||Ready, Fire, Aim!|
|"She Got A..."|
|2011||"Fuck Em (With My Vans On)"||Leaving Home EP|
|"All I Wanna Do"|
|"Size of Your Boat" (Remix)||2010||Jeffree Star||N/A|
|"Another One"||2012||Ty$, Dom Kennedy||Beach House|
|"Sally Walker"||Audio Push||Inland Empire|
|"Started from the Bottom" (Remix)||2013||Mike Posner, Asher Roth, King Chip||N/A|
|"We Own It" (Remix)||Mike Posner, Sammy Adams, Niykee Heaton||N/A|
- The Break Presents: T. Mills - XXL
- "T. Mills Raps of Willpower in 'Diemonds,' Reveals New Song - The Boombox". Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Fire Starter". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- T. Mills Debuts ‘Vans On’ Video
- T. Mills Bio | T. Mills Career | MTV
- "A Summer on Warped Tour with T. Mills". Highwire Daze. Retrieved September 29, 2009.
- "T MILLS – Stream / Interview by Whitney Lovett". AMP Magazine. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- "AOL.com Video - Rapper T. Mills on His Beginnings as a Musician". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Mixtape Daily Fire Starter: T. Mills | News Video | MTV
- "T. Mills Premieres "Stupid Boy" on MySpace, Announces Debut Album Details". Hip-Hop Press. Retrieved July 10, 2009.
- Video: T. Mills "Vans On" | Complex
- MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: T. Mills
- "T. Mills Drops Thrillionaire Mixtape". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Mixtape: T. Mills "Thrillionaire" | Complex
- "Purple DIARY – The Official T Mills Site". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "T. Mills ft. James Fauntleroy (of Cocaine 80’s) - Other B*tch Callin’ Music Video - Listen". Djbooth.net. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "VIDEO: T. Mills Preps For Warped Tour With “Thrillionaire” Mixtape Featuring Juicy, Smoke DZA And More". Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "T. Mills - blog exclusive". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: T. Mills". Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "T.Mills and 1500 or Nothin Studio Session | The Official T Mills Site". Tmillsmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Exclusive: T. Mills talks growing up for his major label debut album | Sound Check - Yahoo! Music
- T. Mills talks collab with Mike Posner (Power 106 Snowed In) - YouTube
- "Twitter / ilovetmills: New single hittin iTunes soon". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- iTunes - Music - Loud - Single by T. Mills
- T. Mills Posts New Video | Sputnikmusic
- Our New YNG FAV: T. Mills | NBC 7 San Diego
- "Announcing the Sammy Adams & T.Mills Tour | The Official T Mills Site". Tmillsmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Rap-Up.com || New Music: Mike Posner f/ T. Mills, Sammy Adams, & Niykee Heaton – ‘We Own It (Remix)’
- Right before we wrecked a hotel #bts All I Wanna Do | The Official T Mills Site
- "T.Mills: The Playlist Artist". Forbes. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Buzzworthy Blog Exclusive: T. Mill Q&A | Video". MTV. 2011-12-14. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Daily Loud Interview With T. Mills". YouTube. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "#TatTales Week 2: T. Mills (@ilovetmills)". The Source. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Pop artist T. Mills takes out his ear plug for Kobi - YouTube". YouTube.com. Retrieved 3 November 2012.