The classification was created by the International Paralympic Committee and has roots in a 2003 attempt to address "the overall objective to support and co-ordinate the ongoing development of accurate, reliable, consistent and credible sport focused classification systems and their implementation."
This classification is for disability athletics. This classification is one of seven classifications for athletes with cerebral palsy. Similar classifications are T32, T33, T34, T35, T36, T37 and T38. Jane Buckley, writing for the Sporting Wheelies, describes the athletes in this classification as: "CP7, see CP-ISRA classes (appendix) Ambulant " The classification in the appendix by Buckley goes on to say "These athletes have movement and coordination problems on one half of their body. They have good ability in their dominant side of their body. ( ie hemiplegia)" The Australian Paralympic Committee defines this classification as being for "Moderate to minimal hemiplegia (i.e. one half of the body affected – arm and leg on same side). Good functional ability in non affected side. Walks / runs without assistive devices, but with a limp." 
Athletes with cerebral palsy or similar impairments who wish to compete in para-athletics competition must first undergo a classification assessment. During this, they both undergo a bench test of muscle coordination and demonstrate their skills in athletics, such as running, jumping or throwing. A determination is then made as to what an classification an athlete should compete in. Classifications may be Confirmed or Review status. For athletes who do not have access to a full classification panel, Provisional classification is available; this is a temporary Review classification, considered an indication of class only, and generally used only in lower levels of competition.
- Para-athletics classification
- Athletics at the Summer Paralympics
- Athletics at the 2008 Summer Paralympics – Men's 100 metres T37
- Athletics at the 2008 Summer Paralympics – Men's 200 metres T37
- Athletics at the 2008 Summer Paralympics – Men's 800 metres T37
- Athletics at the 2008 Summer Paralympics – Women's 100 metres T37
- Athletics at the 2008 Summer Paralympics – Women's 200 metres T37
- "Paralympic Classification Today". International Paralympic Committee. 22 April 2010. p. 3.
- Buckley, Jane (2011). "Understanding Classification: A Guide to the Classification Systems used in Paralympic Sports". Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Summer Sports » Athletics". Australia: Australian Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Classification Information Sheet". Sydney, Australia. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "CLASSIFICATION Information for Athletes". Sydney Australia: Australian Paralympic Committee. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Australian Athletics Classification Masterlist". Sydney, Australia: Australian Paralympic Committee. 3 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.