Template:In the news
- In snooker, Stuart Bingham (pictured) wins the World Championship.
- In association football, Chelsea win the Premier League.
- Violent protests occur in Burundi after the country's president, Pierre Nkurunziza, announces that he will seek a third term.
- In boxing, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. defeats Manny Pacquiao to unify the WBA, WBC, WBO and The Ring welterweight titles.
- In horse racing, American Pharoah, ridden by Victor Espinoza, wins the Kentucky Derby.
- Following a week of protests in Baltimore, Maryland, six police officers are charged in the death of Freddie Gray.
- More than 500 women and children are freed during military operations against Boko Haram in the Sambisa Forest, Nigeria.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.