Template:In the news
- At the Boston Marathon, American Meb Keflezighi wins the men's race and Kenyan Rita Jeptoo (pictured) wins the women's race.
- An avalanche on Mount Everest kills sixteen Nepalese guides.
- NASA ends the LADEE mission by intentionally crashing the spacecraft into the Moon.
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika is re-elected President of Algeria.
- Fifty-eight people are killed in an attack on a United Nations base in Bor, South Sudan, during an ongoing conflict.
|In the news toolbox|
new item should be added to Template:In the news by Wednesday, 23 April 2014 11:29 (UTC).
This template will turn yellow if not reset by that time and red twelve hours after.
Current time: 07:51, April 23, 2014 (UTC) ( )Last updated: 8 hours ago. (verify · reset · purge)
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.