Template:In the news
- Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo crashes in the Mojave Desert during a test flight, killing one person.
- Following violent protests, Burkina Faso President Blaise Compaoré resigns.
- In baseball, the San Francisco Giants defeat the Kansas City Royals to win the World Series (MVP Madison Bumgarner pictured).
- An Antares rocket explodes during the launch of the unmanned Cygnus CRS-3 spacecraft to the International Space Station.
- The Botswana Democratic Party maintains its majority in Parliament after the general election.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.