|Jurisdiction||Government of India (Union Government)|
|Agency executive||Nandan Nilekani, Chairman|
TAGUP or Technology Advisory Group for Unique Projects is a government of India advisory group to look into technology part of 5 large financial sector projects. It is headed by UIDAI chairman, Nandan Nilekani.
The committee will make recommendations on the roadmap to roll out the five financial projects are
- Tax information network (TIN)
- New Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA)
- Expenditure Information Network (EIN)
- Goods and Service Tax (GST).
TAGUP submitted its report in early February 2011 and had the following key recommendations.
- Setting up National Information Utilities(NIUs) as private companies with public purpose.
- Having a dedicated Mission Leader with a Mission Execution Team.
The report also identified common challenges faced by large complex IT projects in the government and provided specific solutions of the evaluation of GST, TIN, EIN, NTMA and NPS at hand. The project reported can be accessed on the Ministry of Finance website.
The members of the committee include
- C. B. Bhave - Former SEBI chairman
- R. Chandrasekhar - IT Secretary
- Nachiket Mor - Board Member at RBI, CRISL, CARE, Sughavazhvu Healthcare, Institute for Financial Management and Research and IKP Centre for Technologies in Public Health
- Dhirendra Swarup - former chairman PFRDA
- S. S. Khan - former Member (CBDT)
- P. R. V. Ramanan - former Member (CBEC)
- ET Now Sep 12, 2010, 08.22pm IST (2010-09-12). "UID isn't just a number, it is an identity: Nandan Nilekani - Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Special Correspondent (2010-06-07). "Finance Ministry sets up technology advisory group - The Hindu". Beta.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- ET Bureau Jun 8, 2010, 04.03am IST (2010-06-08). "Nilekani to code public projects - Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Special Correspondent (2011-02-05). "Nilekani submits TAGUP report to Pranab". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- LinkedIn. "Nachiket Mor LinkedIn Profile". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2014-01-15.