Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau
|Thailand Convention & Exhibition Facts
Full title: Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau
Founded: Established in 2004
Industry: Events Tourism
The Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (also known under the acronym TCEB) is a public organization established by a Royal Decree with an objective to promote Thailand as a destination for international business meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (acronym MICE).
The establishment of the organization was announced on September 18, 2002; it became operational in 2004. The Royal Thai Government established TCEB under the office of Prime Minister to be the flagship organization in charge of MICE events held in Thailand. One of the Bureau’s roles is to encourage the inclusion of Thai arts and culture in these events in order to promote the national heritage. The organization has a strategic, 5-year master plan which has as its main goals to increase revenues and establish Thailand as Asia's business events hub by the year 2016.
Services & Campaigns
The organization acts as a promotion centre, and a source for counselling services. It is involved in :,
- Meetings & Incentives Services: The Meetings & Incentives Department serves as a one-stop source of information, advice, and recommendations on the promotion of international corporate meetings and incentive travel within Thailand.
- Convention Services: Assist international associations organize conventions in Thailand.
- Exhibition Services: Help in establishing exhibition events by
In 2011 TCEB launched a campaign entitled The Next Best Shows. The campaign would span an estimated five year time period and seeks to raise the amount of visitors and revenue before the campaign's scheduled end in 2014.
In 2013 TCEB launched THAILAND CONNECT campaign. The campaign will help enhance the global visibility of the Thailand brand as part of the Five-Year Master Plan (2012-2016) and its three key strategies - WIN, PROMOTE and DEVELOP
In 2014 TCEB adopted social media campaigns.; Spice Up Your Business Agenda, Itinerary Contest, and Dream Meeting.
- Ballard, Sam (9 Sep 2013). "Thailand aims for Chinese MICE business". Travel Daily Media. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Rogers, Tony (2003). Conferences and Conventions (1st edition). Butterworth-Heinemann. p. 278. ISBN 0750657472.
- "TCEB launches 'Asean We Stand' project". The Nation (Thailand). Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Vision & Mission - TCEB". Thailand convention & exhibition bureau. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "TCEB services". Thailand incentive & convention bureau. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Rogers, Tony (2013). Conferences and Conventions (3rd Edition). Routledge. p. 126. ISBN 041552668X.
- "TCEB launches 'Thailand CONNECT' campaign to boost MICE tourism". Travel Monitor Biz.
- "TCEB Adopts social media campaign". TTR Weekly.