|Industry||Supply chain management
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Key people||Mike Branigan, CEO|
|Revenue||£662.1 million (2009)|
TDG Limited was a goods transportation, distribution, warehousing and supply chain management company based in England with offices also in Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Hungary and Germany.
The Company was formed in 1922 as The General Lighterage Co Ltd. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1950 and changed its name to Transport Development Group in 1957. It started to expand into Europe in 1963 and acquired Van Straaten in the Netherlands in 1999. The name changed to TDG plc in 2000. The Company acquired IWT Holdings, an Irish logistics business, in 2001, Mond & Cie, a Belgian logistics business, in 2006 and Doman S.A., a Spanish logistics business, in 2007.
On the 26 November 2010 Norbert Dentressangle reached an agreement to buy Laxey Logistics Ltd (which owns 100% of TDG Ltd and all its subsidiaries) from Douglas Bay Capital. The transaction was completed on the 29 March 2011 following approval from the European Commission.
- Logistics warehousing and shared user warehousing
- Transport logistics, hazardous goods transport, bulk and packed chemical transport
- Distribution logistics, 3PL, High-Cube transport network
- Flexible end-to-end supply chain management
- Bulk chemical storage and hazardous goods warehousing
- Temperature controlled warehousing and distribution
- International freight forwarding by air, sea or road
- 4PL services that maximise efficiency and reduce costs
- Customs brokerage services
- Value added services including: tank cleaning, drumming, blending, mixing, contract packing and IBC cleaning and management.
- TDG: History
- Transport Development Group buys Van Straaten from WM Holdings GmbH Mergers & Acquisitions, 25 August 1999
- TDG plc acquires IWT Worldwide Logistics Mergers & Acquisitions, 1 August 2001
- TDG plc acquires Mond & Cie Mergers & Acquisitions, 1 March 2006
- TDG plc acquires Doman S.A. Mergers & Acquisitions, 28 February 2007
- Laxey agrees to buy UK's TDG for $403 m Reuters, 4 July 2008
- Norbert Dentressangle buys TDG Retail Gazette
- Norbert Dentressangle completes acquisition of TDG
- TDG - Sectors
- TDG - Capabilities