TEAM Linhas Aéreas
|Operating bases||Rio de Janeiro-Santos Dumont|
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Key people||Mário César Soares Moreira (President)|
TEAM Linhas Aéreas Ltda. (Transportes Especiais Aéreos e Malotes) was a domestic airline based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil founded in 2001. On April 16, 2012 the airline had its operational license suspended and on October 3, 2014 the license was revoked.
The company's main objective was to operate in the market of scheduled regional flights, connecting the city of Rio de Janeiro to other cities within the state of Rio de Janeiro and neighboring States.
Created in May 2001 as a charter company to render services for oil companies in the Campos Basin, TEAM began to operate as a scheduled airline in the same year between the airports of Rio de Janeiro, and Macaé and Campos dos Goytacazes.
On May 2010 TEAM was named by Czech aircraft manufacturer Let Aircraft Industries its general sales agent for Brazil. Team is also specialized in the maintenance of their aircraft Let L-410 Turbolet.
After being grounded in February 2011, Team resumed scheduled services in March 2011. However, in April 2011 the airline was once again grounded and services resumed only in July 2011. On April 16, 2012 the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil suspended its operational license and on October 3, 2014 it was revoked.
TEAM Linhas Aéreas operated services to the following destinations:
- Campos dos Goytacazes – Bartolomeu Lysandro Airport
- Macaé – Macaé Airport
- Rio de Janeiro – Santos Dumont Airport
- Vitória, Espírito Santo – Eurico de Aguiar Salles Airport
As of December 2011 the fleet of Team Linhas Aéreas included the following aircraft:
|Aircraft||Total||Yeas of Operation||Notes|
|Let L-410 Turbolet||3||2001-2012|
Airline affinity program
TEAM Linhas Aéreas had no Frequent Flyer Program.
Accidents and incidents
- 31 March 2006: a Let 410 UVP-E20 registration PT-FSE operating flight 6865, en route from Macaé to Rio de Janeiro-Santos Dumont crashed over the Municipality of Rio Bonito. Trying to avoid an area of poor weather, the aircraft struck trees near the top of Pico da Pedra Bonita at an elevation of 1920 feet. All 19 passengers and crew died.
- "Team Linhas Aéreas (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Schapochnik, Cláudio (May 18, 2010). "Team é agente geral de fábrica de aviões no Brasil" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "Portaria ANAC Nº701/SSO" (in Portuguese). ANAC. April 16, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Ata da reunião deliberativa realizada em 3 de outubro de 2014" (in Portuguese). ANAC. October 3, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Malha Aérea" (in Portuguese). Team Brasil. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. December 31, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "Accident description PT-FSE". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Team Linhas Aéreas accidents on Aviation Safety Database
- Team Linhas Aéreas Photo Archive at airliners.net
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TEAM Linhas Aéreas.|