TEAM Linhas Aéreas
|Operating bases||Rio de Janeiro-Santos Dumont|
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Key people||Mário César Soares Moreira (President)|
The company's main objective is to operate in the market of scheduled regional flights, connecting the city of Rio de Janeiro to other cities within the state of Rio de Janeiro and neighboring States.
Created in May 2001 as a charter company to render services for oil companies in the Campos Basin, TEAM began to operate as a scheduled airline in the same year between the airports of Rio de Janeiro, and Macaé and Campos dos Goytacazes.
On May 2010 TEAM was named by Czech aircraft manufacturer Let Aircraft Industries its general sales agent for Brazil. Team is also specialized in the maintenance of their aircraft Let L-410 Turbolet.
After being grounded in February 2011, Team resumed scheduled services in March 2011. However, in April 2011 the airline was once again grounded and services resumed only in July 2011. On April 16, 2012 the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil cancelled its operational license.
In November 2011, before suspending its flights, TEAM Linhas Aéreas operated services to the following destinations:
- Campos dos Goytacazes – Bartolomeu Lysandro Airport
- Macaé – Macaé Airport
- Rio de Janeiro – Santos Dumont Airport
Terminated destination before the suspension of services: Vitória
As of December 2011 the fleet of Team Linhas Aéreas included the following aircraft:
|Let L-410 Turbolet||1||–||19||2001|
Airline affinity program
TEAM Linhas Aéreas has no Frequent Flyer Program.
Accidents and incidents
- 31 March 2006: a Let 410 UVP-E20 registration PT-FSE operating flight 6865, en route from Macaé to Rio de Janeiro-Santos Dumont crashed over the Municipality of Rio Bonito. Trying to avoid an area of poor weather, the aircraft struck trees near the top of Pico da Pedra Bonita at an elevation of 1920 feet. All 19 passengers and crew died.
- "Team Linhas Aéreas (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Schapochnik, Cláudio (May 18, 2010). "Team é agente geral de fábrica de aviões no Brasil" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "Portaria ANAC Nº701/SSO" (in Portuguese). ANAC. April 16, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Malha Aérea" (in Portuguese). Team Brasil. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. December 31, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "Accident description PT-FSE". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Team Linhas Aéreas accidents on Aviation Safety Database
- Team Linhas Aéreas Photo Archive at airliners.net
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TEAM Linhas Aéreas.|