|This article is a rough translation from French. It may have been generated by a computer or by a translator without dual proficiency.
If you have just labeled this page as needing attention, please add
to the bottom of the WP:PNTCU section on Wikipedia:Pages needing translation into English.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008)|
- Angoulême - Jonzac
- Poitiers - Parthenay - Bressuire - Cholet - Nantes
- Thouars - Loudun - Chinon
- Poitiers - Chauvigny - Le Blanc - Châteauroux
- Niort - Fontenay-le-Comte
- La Rochelle - Fontenay-le-Comte
- SNCF Class Z 7300
- SNCF Class Z 21500
- SNCF Class X 2100
- SNCF Class X 2200
- SNCF Class X 72500
- SNCF Class X 73500
- SNCF Class Z 27500 (ZGC Z 27500)
Niort-Fontenay le Comte line
The reopening has been included in the Contract for Regional and State Projects (Contrat de projets État-région) for 2006-2007 and preliminary studies are finished. Once the interregional budget is in place, work will be able to begin.
Ligne de Thouars – Parthenay – Niort
This line has been closed to passenger traffic since 1980.
However, it is still working and every Wednesday empty TER trains can be seen on it, originating from the Bressuire – Thouars – Saumur line and going to Saintes for maintenance. These trains are allowed to run between 70 and 80 km/h, although certain sections of the line could easily support higher speeds.
Expansion of the La Rochelle-Rochefort line
With 11 trains a day being put in place between September 2007 and 2008, the expansion of this line is meant to help curb the intensifying road traffic between the cities of La Rochelle and Rochefort.
Five additional stops have been proposed:
- Saint-Laurent de la Prée (starting September 2007)
- Angoulins (starting September 2007)
- La Rochelle - Porte Dauphine
- Transport express régional
- Réseau Ferré de France
- List of SNCF stations
- List of SNCF stations in Poitou-Charentes
- (French) Association for the development of Thouet-Sèvre Niortaise rail transport
- (French) Cadencement La Rochelle - Rochefort (Dossier présenté par la région Poitou-Charente)
- (French) TER Poitou-Charentes website
- (French) Association régionale Poitou-Charentes des usagers du TER - Regional association of passengers of Poitou-Charentes TER trains
- (French) Map of the TER Poitou-Charentes network